Daily Current Affairs 21 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 11 dead in 4 days due to ceasefire violations
- 11 people have died due to continuous ceasefire violations by Pak along the LoC and International Border in J&K .
- The people killed included 6 civilians, 3 Indian Army jawans and 2 BSF personnel.
2. President’s order to disqualify 20 MLAs unconstitutional : AAP
- President Ram Nath Kovind approved the Election Commissioner’s recommendation to disqualify 20 AAP MLAs.
- The party has approached the Delhi High Court seeking relief in the matter and the case is listed for hearing on Jan 22nd.
3. India loses 4% of GDP to malnutrition : Report
- A joint report by Assocham and Ernst&Young says India has lost 4% of GDP to malnutrition.
- The report pointed out that India is home to 50% of the world’s undernourished children.
1. Global freedom declined in 2017 for 12th straight year : Report
- NGO Freedom House says, with 71 countries witnessing net declines in rights and civil liberties global freedom declined for the 12th straight year.
- In ‘Freedom in the World 2018’ report, it is specified that only 45% of the world’s countries are free.
2. No substitute for US in peace process : Israel
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has said that no country other than the US can act as mediator in the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- This comes after Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said that the US was no longer suitable for the role of the mediator.
3. Turkey launches military operation against Kurds in Syria
- The military operation began in Syria’s Kurdish controlled Afrin region.
- Turkey considers the Kurdish militant groups as terrorist organisations.
1. India should sell bad loans online like US : RBI Dep Gov
- RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya has called for setting up an online trading platform to sell bad loans similar to the one in the US.
- He added that such a platform will help India achieve a thriving market for the sale of bad loans.
2. India to be fastest growing large economy in 2018 : Report
- As per a report by Sanctum Wealth Management, India will surpass China as the fastest growing large economy in 2018 and its equity market will become world’s fifth largest.
- The report said the country is focussed on achieving 7.5% growth when developed nations are managing 2-3% growth.
3. Oil-backed cryptocurrency to be launched to curb volatility
- A US-based team is claiming to develop the world’s first legally compliant cryptocurrency backed by oil called OilCoin.
- Each token will represent the value of one reserve barrel of crude oil and is aimed at giving users protection from cryptocurrency volatility.
1. England win bilateral ODI series in Australia
- England won their first ever bilateral ODI series in Australia after taking a 3-0 lead in the 5 match series in Sydney.
- This is Australia’s 1st bilateral ODI series loss on home soil since Nov 2010.
2. Nadal to remain number 1
- Rafael Nadal ensured that he will remain world number 1 after he reached the Australian Open’s quarterfinal.
- The other two players comprising tennis ‘Big Four’ competing in the Australian Open, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic have reached the pre-quarters.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15