Daily Current Affairs 21 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Tripura’s official logo for Tea
- Tripura Govt. has unveiled an official logo for the state’s tea. This logo features landmark the ‘Neermahal’.
- Neermahal is a former royal palace built by King of Tripura Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya Bahadur of the erstwhile Kingdom of Tripura, India in the middle of the lake Rudrasagar in 1930 and was completed by 1938. It is situated in Melaghar, 53 kilometers away from Agartala, the capital of Tripura.
2. Shivakumara Swami passes away
- Shivakumara Swami at 111, was an Indian spiritual leader, humanitarian and educationist. He was a Hindu religious figure of the Lingayatism sect and head of the Siddaganga Matha in Karnataka.
- He also founded the Sri Siddaganga Education Society. He was described as the most esteemed adherent of Lingayatism.
3. Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor
- Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor in the Tiruchirapalli.
- It is India’s second defence industrial corridor after Aligarh, UP being the first one.
4. 2019 Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- The 15th edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019 has started from 21 Jan to 23 Jan, 2019 in Varanasi, UP. It is celebrated once in every two years.
- Theme of PBD 2019 – Role of Indian Diaspora in building New India
- Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth will be the Guest.
- The decision to celebrate Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD) was taken by the former Indian Prime Minister, late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The 1st PBD was celebrated on 9th January, 2003 in New Delhi. January 9 was chosen as the day to celebrate PBD as it was on this day in 1915 that Mahatma Gandhi, had returned to India from South Africa.
- The 14th PBD held during 7–9 January 2017 at Bengaluru, Karnataka was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
1. GLOBAL INVESTORS SUMMIT 2019
- Global Investor Summit 2019, investment promotion event of Government of Madhya Pradesh supported by DIPP, Government of India, is scheduled to be held on 23rd & 24th February 2019 at Brilliant Convention Centre, in Indore Madhya Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh will also hold a global investor summit in Dharamsala on June 10 and 11.
2. New President of Madagascar
- Andry Rajoelina was sworn in as President of Madagascar.
- Madagascar is a huge island nation off the southeast coast of Africa. It’s home to thousands of animal species, such as lemurs, found nowhere else, plus rainforests, beaches and reefs. Near the busy capital, Antananarivo, is Ambohimanga, a hillside complex of royal palaces and burial grounds, as well as the “Avenue of the Baobabs,” a dirt road lined by massive centuries-old trees.
3. Danish Cultural Institute in New Delhi
- Danish Cultural Institute in New Delhi is inaugurated by Prime Minister of Denmark Lars Lokke Rasmussen.
- Capital: Copenhagen || Currency: Danish krone
4. Airport after boxing legend Muhammad Ali
- Louisville in Kentucky state of USA will rename its airport after boxing legend Muhammad Ali.
- Muhammad Ali was an American professional boxer, activist, and philanthropist. Nicknamed “The Greatest”, he is widely regarded as one of the most significant and celebrated sports figures of the 20th century and one of the greatest boxers of all time.
1. IBBI’s 11-member working group
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India has set up a 11-member working group for the concept of ‘Group Insolvency’ and to suggest a suitable framework for the same.
- This group is under the Chairmanship of former SEBI chief UK Sinha
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India is the regulator for overseeing insolvency proceedings and entities like Insolvency Professional Agencies, Insolvency Professionals and Information Utilities in India.
2. India Steel 2019
- India Steel 2019 Exhibition and Conference will be held in Mumbai from 22nd to 24th January, 2019.
- It will be organised by Ministry of Steel to formulate the help chart out the future growth path of the steel industry.
3. Defence Innovation Hub
- Nashik, Maharashtra will be India’s second defence innovation hub after Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Defence Minister :- Nirmala Sitharaman || COAS :- General Bipin Rawat.
4. World’s 1st Artificial Meteor Shower
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency has launched Star-ALE’s mini-satellite (Tokyo Based Startup) which will deliver the world’s first artificial meteor shower.
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency is the Japanese national aerospace and space agency. Through the merger of three previously independent organizations, JAXA was formed on 1 October 2003.
1. Chennai Open chess
- P Shyaam Nikhil of Chennai and GM Maxim Lugovskoy of Russia are in a joint lead in the 11th Chennai Open International Grand Master chess tournament.
- Chess is believed to have originated in India sometime before the 7th century. The game was derived from the Indian game chaturanga, which is also the likely ancestor of the Eastern strategy games xiangqi, janggi, and shogi. Chess reached Europe by the 9th century, due to the Umayyad conquest of Hispania. The pieces assumed their current powers in Spain in the late 15th century; the rules were standardized in the 19th century.
2. Indonesia Masters
- Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu, Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth will start their campaign at the Indonesia Masters.
- The Indonesia Masters, past known as Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold, is an international badminton tournament BWF World Tour Super 500 Grade. First held in 2010. The first tournament was held in Samarinda, East Kalimantan and offered a total prize money of US$120,000.
3. Tata Steel Chess
- Five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand has secured a victory over Shakhriayar Mamedyartov of Azerbaijan in Tata Steel Chess at Wijk aan Zee, the Netherlands.
- He share the lead with Norway’s Magnus Carlsen.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31