Daily Current Affairs 21 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. FASTag lanes
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways will ask to declare all lanes at toll plazas on national highways as FASTag lanes from December 1.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is a ministry of the Government of India, that is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules, regulations and laws relating to road transport, transport research and in also to increase the mobility and efficiency of the road transport system in India.
- Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister)
- FASTag is a simple to use, reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets you pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction.
- The FASTag employs Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is affixed on the vehicle’s windscreen after the tag account is active.
2. Government eMarketplace with Steel Authority of India
- Government eMarketplace and SAIL has signed an MoU to set up GeM Organizational Transformation Team-Project Management Unit.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
- CEO of Government e Marketplace: Radha Chauhan
- Steel Authority of India Limited is an Indian state-owned steel making company based in New Delhi, India. It is a public sector undertaking, owned and operated by the Government of India
- SAIL Chairman: Anil Kumar Chaudhary
3. Amaravati Capital City Project
- World Bank has pulled out $300 million lending to Amaravati Capital City Project in Andhra Pradesh.
- Reason: Several NGOs made representations and are opposing the project for building the city on Krishna River floodplains.
- The Krishna River is the fourth-biggest river in terms of water inflows and river basin area in India, after the Ganga, Godavari and Brahmaputra. The river is almost 1,400 kilometres long. The river is also called Krishnaveni.
4. NAG 3rd Generation Missile
- Indian Army has successfully conducted trials of NAG 3rd Generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile at Pokhran Field Firing Ranges in Rajasthan.
- Pokhran is a city and a municipality located in the Jaisalmer district of the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is a remote location in the Thar Desert region and served as the test site for India’s first underground nuclear weapon detonation.
- The Nag missile is an Indian third generation “fire-and-forget” anti-tank guided missile. It is an all weather, top attack missile with a range of 3 to 7 km.
1. Exercise ‘Hand in Hand’
- India and China will carry out Military Exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand’ at Umroi, Meghalaya in December 2019.
- President: Xi Jinping || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi
2. Israel’s longest-serving Prime Minister
- Benjamin Netanyahu has become Israel’s longest-serving Prime Minister, surpassing David Ben-Gurion.
- David Ben-Gurion was the primary national founder of the State of Israel and the first prime minister of Israel.
3. International Police Expo 2019
- The 5th edition of International Police Expo 2019 was concluded in New Delhi.
- Theme: ‘Challenges to strengthen peace and security’.
1. ‘InstaBIZ’ Platform
- ICICI Bank has launched Digital Banking Platform ‘InstaBIZ’ for MSMEs.
- ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra with its registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- As of 2018, ICICI Bank is the second largest bank in India in terms of assets and market capitalisation.
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
2. Andhra Bank’s Chat BOt
- Andhra Bank has launched its Artificial Intelligence Interactive Assistant—ABHi.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad || Founder: Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya
- J Packirisamy is new MD and CEO of Andhra Bank.
3. L&T Infotech’s New Acquisition
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech has acquired AI firm Lymbyc.
- Lymbyc is a Bengaluru based company in analytics and data sciences space.
- CEO of Larsen & Toubro Infotech: Sanjay Jalona.
4. Ebix acquires YatraOnline
- USA based Ebix has acquired travel portal Yatra Online for $337.8 million.
- Yatra.com is an Indian online travel agency and travel search engine. It is based in Gurugram, Haryana. It was founded by Dhruv Shringi, Manish Amin and Sabina Chopra in August 2006.
- EbixInc : CEO: Robin Raina || Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1. ICC suspends Zimbabwe Cricket
- International Cricket Council has suspended Zimbabwe Cricket with immediate effect.
- Zimbabwe Cricket has failed to fulfil its obligation of ensuring that there is no government interference in its administration.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates || CEO: Manu Sawhney
2. 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
- Champions: Algeria
- Runners-up: Senegal
- Third place: Nigeria
- Top scorer: OdionIghalo of Nigeria with 5 goals
- Best player: Ismaël Bennacer of Algeria
- Fair play award: Senegal
3. Junior world Golf Championship 2019
- Arjun Bhati of India has defeated Jeremy Chen of Taiwan to win FCG Callaway Junior world Golf Championship 2019 in California.
- Taiwan, officially the Republic of China, is a state in East Asia. Neighbouring states include the People’s Republic of China to the west, Japan to the northeast, and the Philippines to the south.
- Capital: Taipei || Currency: New Taiwan dollar
4. India’s 64th Grandmaster
- Prithu Gupta of Delhi has become India’s 64th Grandmaster.
- He defeated IM Lev Yankelevich of Germany in the fifth round of the Portuguese League 2019.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31