Daily Current Affairs 21 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 21 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 21 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 21 June 2017 Current affairs test.
Important Days and Dates
International Yoga Day: June-21. Every year June 21 is celebrated as International Yoga Day in different parts of the world.The idea of international Day of Yoga was the first proposed by the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi during his speech at the UNGA on 27 September 2014.
Theme of 2017 International Yoga Day – “Yoga for Health”
1.Banks to deposit junked notes at RBI by July 20.
- Finance Ministry has asked banks and post offices to deposit junked Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes with the Reserve Bank of India by July 20.
- This is the second window the government has provided to banks, post offices and cooperative banks for depositing the junked notes with RBI.
- The deposits will be accepted by the RBI subject to valid reasons for non-deposit of the specified bank notes.
- Governor of RBI – Urjit Patel
2. RamamaniIyengar Institute wins first yoga award.
- RamamaniIyengar Memorial Yoga Institute has been selected as the first recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for outstanding contribution for promotion and development of yoga.
- The selection was done from among 85 nominations received and 15 more recommended by the screening committee.
- The committees have selected the institute for its efforts in the field for over a period of four decades.
- On the occasion of the second International Day of Yoga PM Narendra Modi had announced the institution of awards for the promotion of Yoga.
- The guidelines for the awards has been developed by the AYUSH Ministry.
3. Agreement to promote Cooperation in The Field of Archives.
- A Protocol of Cooperation was signed between National Archives of India and the Minister of Culture of the Portuguese Republic in the field of archives in Lisbon, Portugal.
- As a first step under this agreement National Archives of Portugal handed over digital copies of 62 volumes of the collection known as ‘Moncoes do Reino’.
- These volumes were originally part of over 456 volumes that cover the period from 1568 to 1914 and form the largest of all record collections in the Goa State Archives.
- Capital of Portugal – Libson
4. Indian Navy’s floating dock.
- Larsen and Toubro announced the launch of a floating dock, designed and built for the Indian Navy.
- FDN-2 is Indias first indigenously-built floating dock which can take up to 8,000-tonne ships with draught up to 7 meter.
- It has high capacity Ballast Pumps, along with advanced automated Ballast Control System.
- It is the first naval shipbuilding project for L&T.
- L&T has also been mandated by the Coast Guard to design and build seven Offshore Patrol Vessels.
1. World’s 1st data embassy.
- The world’s first ever data embassy is set for launch after the Estonian government signed a deal with Luxembourg.
- This is the first data embassy in the world. Its establishment is part of the Estonian general strategy of data management and a double guarantee to data and services.
- Luxembourg has been chosen as the location for the embassy, since it has capabilities to provide high level of security for the stored data.
- The concept of virtual embassies has been a part of Estonia’s Cyber Security Strategy.
2. Mohammed bin Salman named crown prince.
- Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been appointed as the next crown prince.
- He will also retains defence, oil and other portfolios.
- He will replace Prince Mohammed bin Naif.
- Mohammed bin Salman was chosen as crown prince by 31 out of 34 members of the Kingdom’s Succession Committee.
- The decree issued by King Salman also appointed Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif as interior minister, a post held by the former crown prince.
3. Pakistan Begins Fencing Border With Afghanistan.
- In order to improve the security along the border, Pakistan has decided to build a fence along its volatile border with Afghanistan.
- Afghan authorities however are opposed to the building of the fence.
- First phase of fencing will focus on the Bajur, Mohmand, and Khyber tribal regions which are regarded as areas prone to cross-border infiltration.
- New forts and border posts will be built to improve defence and surveillance along the frontier.
- The two countries share a border known as the Durand Line, which Pakistan considers to be an international border but Afghanistan has never recognized.
1. Hike Messenger launches payment services.
- Hike Messenger has launched a payment services on its platform which allows users to transfer money instantly.
- Hike has partnered with Yes Bank to launch its UPI-based wallet which will allow in-app transfers between two bank accounts.
- Hike is the first messaging platform in India to launch payments facility.
- This move also makes Hike the biggest UPI platform in the country because of its 100 million+ registered users.
- CEO of Hike – Kavin Bharti Mittal
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30