Daily Current Affairs 21 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 4th International Yoga Day
- The 4th International Yoga Day held at the Forest Research Institute campus in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Prime Minister performed Yogasan, Pranayama and Dhyan with about 50,000 yoga enthusiasts and volunteers at the Forest Research Institute campus.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, who is on the State Visit of Suriname will also participate in the International Yoga Day celebration along with the President of Suriname and other dignitaries in Paramaribo, Suriname today at 0700 (local time in Suriname).
2. Prime Minister to lay foundation stone of Vanijya Bhawan
- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of Vanijya Bhawan, a new office complex for the Commerce Department of the Government of India.
- It will accommodate about 1000 officers and staff. While retaining the Central Vista architecture, the Vanijya Bhawan will have all modern technology driven features.
- It will be a completely paperless office with state of the art facilities such as smart access control, central air-conditioning, video conferencing, and completely networked systems.
3. ‘7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow Scheme’
- A total of 1,120 villages of Haryana have achieved star ranking under ‘7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow Scheme’ launched in January 2018 by Chief Minister Manohar Lal.
- Seven parameters and for each parameter different colours of stars are awarded such as Pink star for outstanding performance in improving sex ratio. Green star for protection of environment, White star for cleanliness, Saffron star for crime-free villages.
- Sky colour star awarded to village that will have no drop out. Golden star for good governance. Silver star for participation in development of villages.
4. Venkaiah Naidu has received the book Vedvigyan Alok
- M. Venkaiah Naidu has received the book “Vedvigyan Alok” (Maharishi Aitareya Mahidas Praneet – Aitareya Brahmina ki Vaigyanik Vyakhya) authored by Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik.
- The book is divided into four broad volumes. The Book Vedvigyan Alok is the scriptural verse in Vedas’ prose.
1. Indian-American named CEO of Jeff Bezos, Buffett’s new firm
- Indian-American surgeon and journalist Atul Gawande has been appointed the CEO of a new healthcare company started by Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffett and JPMorgan Chase’s Jamie Dimon.
- the new venture is meant to help the companies get their healthcare costs down. The new venture will be independent from the three firms.
2. Russia-India military exercise Indra-2018
- India, Russia to hold military exercise Indra 2018 during the second half this year
- The tri-service joint military exercise will take place in an Indian military base in the second half of this year. Russia has been a long-standing defence partner of India.
3. Singer Akon to launch cryptocurrency called AKoin
- Senegal-born singer Akon has announced the launch of his cryptocurrency called AKoin.
- As part of the AKoin venture,It is planned to complete a ‘100% crypto-based futuristic city’ on 2,000 acres of land at the capital city of Senegal.
4. India & Tajikistan agree to enhance mutual cooperation for sustainable water development
- India and Tajikistan have reaffirmed their commitment to promote bilateral relations and agreed to enhance economic cooperation, particularly in sustainable water development.
- Nitin Gadkari is currently on a two-day official visit to the central Asian republic, held wide-ranging talks with Shri Sirodjidin Muhridin, Foreign Minister of Tajikistan in Dushanbe
1. Amit Jain to be first Indian MD of L’Oréal India
- L’Oréal has appointed Amit Jain as its new India Managing Director, making him the first Indian to lead its operations in the country.
- He succeeds Jean-Christophe Letellier who, after five years in the role, will take up a new position within L’Oréal Group.
2. India raises import duties on many items against US tariff hike
- India raised import duties on almost 30 items including agricultural and steel products in protest against the US imposing higher levies on products shipped from the country.
- US hiked tariffs on certain steel and aluminium products which had tariff implication of $241 million on India. China, EU and other trading partners have also hiked tariffs in protest.
3. Disney to buy 21st Century Fox for $71 billion
- Media mogul Rupert Murdoch-led 21st Century Fox on Wednesday accepted a revised $71.3 billion half cash and half stock bid from Walt Disney for its entertainment assets.
- Disney also plans to take on Fox’s $13.8 billion net debt, which would increase the transaction value to $85.1 billion.
4. SBI MD B Sriram named CEO of IDBI Bank for three months
- SBI Managing Director B Sriram has been given additional charge as the CEO and MD of IDBI Bank for a “temporary” period of 3 months.
- He has been appointed in place of MK Jain who was recently made the Deputy Governor of RBI.
1. Women’s T20I highest total world record
- England Women registered the highest-ever total in women’s T20I cricket history by scoring 250/3 against South Africa Women in a T20I tri-series
- They surpassed the previous highest total of 216/1 scored by New Zealand Women against South Africa Women earlier in the day.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo became the highest international goal-scorer among European players
- Portugal registered their first win at 2018 FIFA World Cup in that Ronaldo scored in the fourth minute to take his goals tally to 85
- He surpassed Hungarian legend Ferenc Puskas (84). Overall, Ronaldo is now the second highest international goal-scorer.
3. Dinesh Chandimal appeals against ball-tampering suspension
- Dinesh Chandimal has appealed against ICC match referee Javagal Srinath’s decision to find him guilty of ball-tampering during the second Test against West Indies in St Lucia.
- Chandimal was suspended from the third and final Test of the series.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15