Daily Current Affairs 21 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Special Stamp on Ice Stupa
- ‘Special Stamps on Ice Stupa’ are to create awareness about depleting glaciers and effect on the ecology around the Himalayas.
- It was launched by Indian Department of Post at Ice Stupa site at Gangles Village in Leh.
2. Gollapudi Srinivas Award
- 96 Movie Director C Prem Kumar , with Vijay Sethupathi and Trisha, has won Gollapudi Srinivas Award 2019.
- Gollapudi Srinivas Award is a national-level private award given to a first-time director in Indian Cinema every year. It is given out in the memory of Gollapudi Srinivas. He was the youngest son of veteran Telugu film personality Gollapudi Maruthi Rao. This award was first announced in 1997 at Chennai.
- Movie 96 :- K Ramachandran, a photographer, gets nostalgic after he visits his school in his hometown. During a reunion with his classmates, he meets Janaki, his childhood crush.
3. Worlds Largest Rail Coach Manufacturer
- Integral Coach Factory at Chennai has become the single Largest Rail Coach Manufacturer in the world.
- Integral Coach Factory is a manufacturer of rail coaches located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in 1952, is owned and operated by the Indian Railways. It is located in the neighbourhood of Perambur.
4. Irfan Ramzan Sheikh
- Irfan Ramzan Sheikh was awarded Shaurya Chakra by President Kovind.
- Irfan Ramzan Sheikh of Jammu and Kashmir fought off three armed terrorists in 2017, when he was 14 years old.
1. International Day of Happiness
- The International Day of Happiness is celebrated worldwide every March 20.
- It was conceptualized and founded by philanthropist, activist, statesman, and prominent United Nations special advisor Jayme Illien to inspire, mobilize, and advance the global happiness movement.
- Theme for 2019 :- ‘Happier Together’.
- Central Theme – ‘Share Happiness and be Part of Something Amazing’.
2. International Day of Forests
- The International Day of Forests was established on the 21st day of March.
- The International Day of Forests was established by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on November 28, 2012.
- Theme :- ‘Forests and Education’.
3. International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed on 21 March.
- Theme :- ‘Mitigating and countering of rising nationalist populism and extreme supremacist ideologies’.
4. World Poetry Day
- World Poetry Day is celebrated on 21 March.
- It was declared by UNESCO in 1999.
- Its purpose is to promote the reading, writing, publishing and teaching of poetry throughout the world.
5. UN World Happiness Report- 2019
- India is at 140th place, seven spots down from last year on Happiness report 2019.
- Finland has topped the chart for the second year in a row.
- UN World Happiness Report- 2019 was released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations.
1. Businessline Changemaker Awards 2019 Winners List
- Changemaker Of The Year Award : Petitioners against Section 377.
- Changemaker Of The Year Award : GST Council.
- Iconic Changemaker Award : Bezwada Wilson (Safai Karmachari Andoloan).
- Social Transformation Award : The Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences.
- Digital Transformation Award : eNAM (Electronic National Agriculture Market).
- Young Changemaker Award : Anju Verma (promoting the education of underprivileged children).
- Young Changemaker Award : Kush and Arjun Pandey (developers of ScoutMe app for tapping football talent).
2. Cloud Gaming Service ‘Stadia’
- Google has unveiled its Cloud Gaming Service ‘Stadia’ at Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
- It is a Cloud-based infrastructure where Game Developers could able to design and write games to run directly on Google’s hardware at data centres.
3. Google+ Social network
- Google+ Social network will be shut down from April.
- Google+ is an Internet-based social network owned and operated by Google. The network launched in June 2011 in an attempt to challenge other social networks such as Facebook and Twitter and it is designed to link Google’s products like YouTube.
1. JP Duminy South African cricketer to retire
- JP Duminy will retire from from ODI cricket after the 2019 World Cup.
- Jean-Paul Duminy, often shortened to JP Duminy, is an international South African cricketer. He is vice-captain of the South Africa T20I team.
2. Indian Wells Masters Tennis tournament
- Men’s Single :- Dominic Thiem (Austria) defeated Roger Federer (Switzerland).
- Women’s Single :- Bianca Andreescu (Canada) defeated Angelique Kerber (Germany).
- The Indian Wells Masters, also known as BNP Paribas Open and the WTA Indian Wells Open, is an annual tennis tournament held in early- and mid-March at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, California, United States. The current owner is Larry Ellison, CTO and co-founder of Oracle.
3. Rajasthan Royals’ Cricket Academy
- IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals has launched its first cricket academy in the UK as the ‘Rajasthan Royals Academy’.
- Star Cricket Academy based at Reed’s School in Surrey also joined the initiative.
- The Rajasthan Royals are a cricket team in the Indian Premier League from the city of Jaipur. Founded in 2008 as one of the initial eight IPL franchises, the Royals are owned by Manoj Badale. The team played its home matches at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,21 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31