Daily Current Affairs 21 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Navy’s All-Woman crew returns
- The crew took 252 days to sail across the globe.
- INSV Tarini travelled 21,600 nautical miles across 3 oceans.
2. Brahmos successfully test-fired
- The text fire is carried out to validate life extension technologies.
- It is the 1st Indian missile whose life is extended from 10 yrs to 15 yrs.
3. Kozhikode:11 killed due to Nepah virus
- The symptoms of the virus can progress to coma within 24 hrs.
- The virus was identified in Malaysia in 2008.
4. IAS Officer Who Unearthed the Fodder Scam New I&B Secretary
- Amit Khare was appointed the new secretary of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, as part of a major bureaucratic reshuffle involving 24 senior IAS officers by the Centre
- Amit Khare was the Additional Chief Secretary in Govt of Jharkhand since 2016. Khare will take over the charge from incumbent NK Sinha who will retire on May 31.
1. Nicolas elected as Venezuela Prez
- Nicolas Maduro is elected as the President for 2nd term with 67% votes.
- Voter turnout was recorded at 46%.
2.PM Modi meets Putin for informal talks
- A similar informal talk was held between Modi and Xi Jinping a month ago.
- The informal summit is being held at Suchi, Russia.
3.Russia unveils world’s first floating nuclear power station
- Russia unveiled \the world’s first floating nuclear power station at a ceremony in the port of the far northern city of Murmansk, where it will be loaded with nuclear fuel before heading to eastern Siberia.
- Constructed by the state nuclear power firm Rosatom, the 144 by 30 metre (472 by 98 foot) ship Akademik Lomonosov holds two reactors with two 35 megawatt nuclear reactors that are similar to those used to power icebreaker ships.
4.Cannes 2018: Japanese indie Shoplifters wins Palme d’Or
- The Japanese film Shoplifters, directed by Hirokazu Kore-eda, has been awarded the Palme d’Or for main feature at the close of the 71st Cannes film festival.
- The Palme d’Or (Golden Palm) is the highest prize awarded at the Cannes Film Festival.
1. UAE modifies foreign ownership rule
- UAE will allow 100% foreign ownership in companies from the current 49%.
- Residency visas of 10 yrs will be approved to specialists in medical and scientific research fields.
2. Ultra tech to buy Century’s cement
- UltraTech Cement will acquire Century Textiles in a Rs .8,621 cr deal.
- The acquisition is a part of Birla family’s plan to consolidate cement Businesses.
3. Patanjali MD suggests food processing
- Acharya Balkrishna said farmers can make 10 times if food wastage is reduced.
- He added that only 6% of food is processed in India against 40% in China.
4.Anil Kumar Jha to take over as Coal India chairman
- Anil Kumar Jha, chairman and managing director of subsidiary Mahanadi Coalfields, is likely to take over as the chairman of its holding company, Coal India.
- Jha will replace acting chairman Suresh Kumar, an IAS officer, who has been holding the post of additional secretary at the ministry of coal.
1. Nadal clinches 78th title
- Rafael Nadal won his 8th Italian Open Title.
- He won against world no. 3 Alexander Zverev.
2. RR qualify for playoffs
- CSK handed 5th straight loss to KXIP in the IPL 2018.
- Qualifier 1 will take place between CSK and SRH.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15