Daily Current Affairs 21 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Govt to transport coal in covered trucks to check pollution
- Coal and Railway Minister Piyush Goyal announced the plans to transport coal in covered rail wagons and trucks.
- Ferrying coal in uncovered vehicles is among the reasons for high pollution levels along transportation routes.
2. Pilot assembles aircraft on rooftop
- Pilot Amol Yadav named the six-seater aircraft, Victor Tango Narendra Modi Devandra.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has granted Yadav license to fly the aircraft.
3. Delhi govt to hire retired teachers to deal with staff shortage
- The AAP govt will hire the retired teachers on a short-term basis till March 2018 to overcome the shortage of 27,000 regular teachers.
- The school authorities said the move won’t serve any purpose as the academic year is about to end.
1. 50 killed in suicide bomb attack in Nigerian mosque
- A teenage suicide bomber blew himself inside a mosque in the Nigerian town of Mubi.86
- No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the attack.
2. Russian village reports radioactivity 986 times over normal
- A village in Russia’s Chelyabinsk has registered extremely high pollution of radio isotope Ru-106.
- This follows French reports claiming that a nuclear accident had taken place there.
3. Iran President declares end of Islamic state
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani declared the end of ISIS, although he acknowledged that the remnants of the group will remain.
- Earlier this month, the Syrian Army had declared war over the Islamic State.
1. China’s Tencent overtakes Facebook in market value
- Tencent is the first Chinese company to be valued over USD 500 bn.
- The company’s market capitalisation is settled at USD 522 bn surpassing Facebook’s USD 519.4 bn.
2. Mahindra opens Detroit’s first car making plant in 25 years
- Detroit got its first automotive production facility in 25 years.
- The plant opened with an investment of USD 230 million and will create 250 jobs in the US.
1. Vijender to take on Commonwealth champion in next fight
- Vijender Singh will take on Rocky Fielding in his next fight on March 30,2018.
- Vijender has been unbeaten in his career, winning seven of his nine bouts through knockouts.
2. Kohli goes past Ganguly’s run record as India’s Test captain
- Kohli is now the fourth highest(2,644) run getter as India’s Test captain.
- Dhoni tops the list with 3,454 runs.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15