Daily Current Affairs 21 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first railway station inside tunnel
- India’s first railway station inside tunnel will be constructed at a height of 3,000 metres in Himachal Pradesh.
- The station will be located on Bilaspur-Manali-Leh line.
2. Statue of Unity
- PM Narendra Modi on 31st October will be unveiling the Statue of Unity on the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel.
- The world’s tallest statue,(182-meter) has been completed by 3,400 labourers and 250 engineers at Sadhu Bet island on Narmada River in Gujarat.
3. India’s best developed village
- Kuligod in District Belagavi,Karnataka is the country’s best developed village, Acc. to Rural Development Ministry survey.
- More than a third of the gram panchayats ranked in the top 10 from Andhra Pradesh.
4. ‘Yogi Adityanath: The Rise of a Saffron Socialist’
- It is the biography of UP Chief Minister ‘Yogi Adityanath: The Rise of a Saffron Socialist’.
- The book is authored by Pravin Kumar.
1. Global Partners’ Forum
- India to host 4th edition of Global Partners’ Forum in December 2018 in New Delhi.
- It will be hosted by Health and Family Welfare Ministry and PMNCH (Partnership for Maternal, New-born & Child Health).
2. Bhutan Election results
- Political Party Druk Nyamrup Tshogpa (DNT) will form new government in Bhutan.
- DHT has won 30 seats in 47 member National Assembly.
3. New Prime Minister of Yemen
- Maeen Abdulmalik Saeed was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Yemen.
- Capital: Sana’a || Currency: Yemeni rial
4. World Statistics Day
- World Statistics Day was celebrated for the first time on 20 October 2010 worldwide. World Statistics Day is celebrated every five years. The United Nations Statistical Commission declared the day.
- The National Statistics Day is celebrated every year on June 29 in India to create public awareness about the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation. The 2018 theme is “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics”.
1. New Treasurer Of World Steel Association
- Sajjan Jindal has been appointed as Treasurer of the World Steel Association.
- Sajjan Jindal is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the Chairman, Managing Director of JSW Group of companies diversified in steel, mining, energy, sports, and infrastructure and software business. JSW Steel is India’s largest private steel producer.
2. World’s largest amphibious aircraft
- China has successfully tested indigenous amphibious aircraft AG600.
- It is developed by Aviation Industry Corporation of China.
3. North Central Railways’ two mobile apps
- ‘NCR RASTA’ app :- To have exact mapping of all railway assets.
- ‘Yatri RASTA’ app :- For general public to locate the railway stations.
4. Minal Patel has won the US’ Presidential Medal
- Minal Patel Davis has conferred US’ Presidential Medal for her work against sex slavery and labour exploitation.
- She is currently Special Adviser on Human Trafficking to Houston Mayor.
1. World Wrestling Championships-2018
- World Wrestling Championship has begun in Budapest, Hungary.
- Bajrang Punia will compete in the 65-kilogram category.
2. Indian Sports: Conversations and Reflections – A Book
- Vijayan Bala (Cricket Statistician) has authored the book named ‘Indian Sports: Conversations and Reflections’
- It is a compilation of interviews of eminent sportspersons he has conducted since 1971.
3. Praveen Kumar has retired
- Indian seamer Praveen Kumar has announced his retirement from Cricket.
- He is an Indian former cricketer who bowled right-hand medium-pace. In first-class cricket, he played for Uttar Pradesh cricket team.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15