Daily Current Affairs 21 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna
- Employee’s State Insurance approved ‘Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna’ scheme for Insured Persons.
- This scheme is for those who rendered jobless due to changing employment pattern.
- The Insured Persons will be covered under the ‘Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948’.
2. ‘Sputum sample transportation’ Project
- It is launched by Department of Post and Health Ministry.
- The aim is to transport the sputum sample of TB Patient for TB Diagnosis.
- Sputum is a thick fluid that is produced in the lungs, is collected by the person coughing.
3. Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum Portal- ‘MSME Insider’
- It is the monthly e-Newsletter of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Officeholder: Giriraj Singh (MOS independent charge) || Headquarters: Udyog Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi
4. National Surgical Strike Day
- On 29 September 2016, eleven days after the Uri attack, the Indian Army conducted “surgical strikes” against suspected militants in Pakistani-administered Kashmir.
- University Grants Commission asked all the Universities to observe September 29 as Surgical Strike Day.
1. Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre
- Mahatma Gandhi International Convention Centre (MGICC) will be implemented in Niamey, Niger.
- India and Niger signed an MOU for the same.
2. Exercise Aviaindra-18
- It is the joint Air Force exercise between India and Russia.
- It has started at Lipetsk in Russia.
3. Palaly airport
- It is the first project in Sri Lanka by Airports Authority of India.
- The detailed report of the project will be completed in 3 months.
1. New MD and CEOs of 10 Public Sector Banks
- Ashok Kumar Pradhan – United Bank of India
- S Harisankar – Punjab and Sind Bank
- Atul Kumar Goel – UCO Bank
- SS Mallikarajuna Rao – Allahabad Bank
- Karnam Sekar – Dena Bank
- Padmaja Chundru – Indian Bank
- Mrutyunjay Mahapatra – Syndicate Bank
- Pallav Mohapatra – Central Bank of India
- Packirisamy – Andhra Bank
- AS Rajeev – Bank of Maharashtra
2. Veer Surendra Sai Airport
- Jharsuguda airport to be named as Veer Surendra Sai Airport.
- Odisha State Assembly passed the resolution for the same.
3. Four new members to RBI’s local boards
- Rakesh Jain in Southern local board
- Sachin Chaturvedi in Eastern local board
- Revathy Iyer and Raghvendra Narayan Dubey in Northern local board
1. Football FIFA Rankings
- Belgium and France are as the joint leaders in the rankings.
- 3. Brazil || 4. Croatia || 5. Uruguay || 6. England || 7. Portugal || 8. Switzerland || 9. Spain || 10. Denmark.
- There is no team with Second Rank.
2. Indo International Premier Kabaddi League
- New Kabaddi Federation of India has launched Indo International Premier Kabaddi League.
- This is the first edition which would start on 26 January 2019.
3. Story So Far – A book
- It is a book on sprinter Dutee Chand, who won two silver medals at the 2018 Asian Games.
- Sundeep Misra will compile the book for the same.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,21 September
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15