Daily Current Affairs 21st 22nd August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21st 22nd August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21st 22nd August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21st 22nd August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Jan BachatKhata
- Fino Payments Bank has launched Jan BachatKhata.
- Fino Payments Bank: Chairman: Prof Mahendra Kumar Chouhan || Established: 13 July 2006 || MD & CEO: Rishi Gupta || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. ADB approves USD 1 billion loan to India
- Asian Development Bank has approved USD 1 billion loan for rapid transit system in India.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Masatsugu Asakawa || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries || Purpose: Economic development
1. Oakley’s brand ambassador
- Sports eyewear brand ‘Oakley’ has appointed Cricketer Rohit Sharma as its brand ambassador.
- Oakley, Inc., based in Lake Forest, California, and a subsidiary of Italian corporate giant Luxottica based in Milan, designs, develops and manufactures sports performance equipment and lifestyle pieces including sunglasses, sports visors, ski/snowboard goggles, watches, apparel, backpacks, shoes, optical frames, and other accessories.
2. Kormo App by Google
- Google has launched ‘Kormo Jobs’ App in India to help people find jobs.
- Google: CEO: Sundar Pichai || Headquarters: California
3. Reliance Retail Ventures acquires Netmeds
- Reliance Retail Ventures has acquired majority equity stake in Chennai-based Vitalic Health as well as in its subsidiaries.
- Online pharmacy platform ‘Netmeds’ is a subsidery of Vitalic Health
Science and Technology News
`1. Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched ‘Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge’.
- Aim: To use two microprocessors namely ‘SHAKTI (32 bit) and VEGA (64 bit)’ to develop various technology products.
1. Indian Akshay Urja Day
- Indian Akshay Urja Day or Renewable Energy Day is observed on 20th August.
- It was established in 2004 to support renewable energy development programs and promote its use instead of traditional sources of energy.
2. Sadbhavana Diwas
- Sadbhavana Diwas or Harmony Day is observed on 20th August as the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi.
- Indian National Congress instituted Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award in 1992, a year after his death.
3. World Senior Citizen Day
- The World Senior Citizen’s Day is celebrated on 21 August each year.
- The celebration took place for the first time on 1 October 1991. The day is known to increase awareness of the factors and issues that affect older adults, such as age deterioration and the study of problems that affect their lives, elder abuse.
4. International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- 21 August as the International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism in order to honor and support the victims and survivors of terrorism.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Flipkart with IIT-Patna
- Flipkart has singed an MoU with IIT Patna to establish academic collaboration.
- Chief Executive Officer of Flipkart: Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020
- It is the ranking for being the best centrally funded institution in India.
- 1. IIT Madras
- 2. IIT Bombay
- 3. IIT Delhi
2. Swachh Survekshan Awards 2020
- Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced the Swachh Survekshan 2020.
- Indore became India’s cleanest city for the fourth year in a row.
- Top Three: Indore (Madhya Pradesh) || Surat (Gujarat) || Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra)
1. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2020
- Cricketer Rohit Sharma
- Wrestler Vinesh Phogat
- Table Tennis player Manika Batra
- Paralympian M Thangavelu
2. Sponsor of Indian team for Tokyo Olympics
- INOX Group has become sponsor of Indian team for Tokyo Olympics.
- The Inox Group is a diversified Indian conglomerate with activities spanning manufacturing medical and industrial gases, cryogenic equipment, LNG storage and distribution equipment and multiplex chains.