Daily Current Affairs 21st 22nd November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21st 22nd November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21st 22nd November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21st 22nd November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. National Newborn Week 2020
- National Newborn Week 2020, being observed from 15th to 21st November to reinforce the importance of newborn health as a key priority area of the health sector and to reiterate the commitment at the highest level.
- Theme: Quality, Equity, Dignity for every newborn at every health facility and everywhere
2. Karnataka’s 31st district
- Vijayanagara to become Karnataka’s 31st district
- It is named after the Vijayanagara empire that ruled from this region.
1. ANANDA Portal
- LIC has launched digital application tool ‘ANANDA Portal’ for agents.
- ANANDA is an acronym for Atma Nirbhar Agents NewBusiness Digital Application.
- LIC: Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairperson: M R Kumar
1. Book ‘Reporting India’
- Veteran Journalist and News Agency ANI chairman Prem Prakash, his book “Reporting India”.
- Asian News International is an Indian news agency based in R. K. Puram, New Delhi that offers syndicated multimedia news feed to plethora of news-bureaus in India and beyond.
1. World Philosophy Day
- World Philosophy Day is observed on the third Thursday of November every year by UNESCO.
- Aim: to strengthen people’s commitment to philosophy by fostering philosophical analysis, research, and studies on major contemporary issues.
2. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day held on the November 19 of each year.
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is a day on which the work of women entrepreneurs is observed and discussed.
3. World Television Day
- World Television Day is annually observed around the world on November 21 by United Nations.
- On December 17, 1996, UN General Assembly proclaimed November 21 as World Television Day to commemorate the date on which the first World Television Forum was held earlier that year.
4. World Fisheries Day
- World Fisheries Day is observed every year on 21st of November.
- Aim: To demonstrate solidarity with all fisher-folk communities, fish farmers and concerned stakeholders throughout the world.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Booker Prize for fiction
- Scottish writer Douglas Stuart has won the 2020 Booker Prize for fiction with his debut novel Shuggie Bain, which described a boy growing up in Glasgow in the 1980s with a mother battling addiction.
- The Booker Prize for Fiction, formerly known as the Booker–McConnell Prize and the Man Booker Prize, is a literary prize awarded each year for the best original novel written in the English language and published in the United Kingdom.
2. Global Bribery Risk Matrix
- India is at 77th position with a score of 45 in ‘Global Bribery Risk Matrix’ a global list that measures business bribery risks of 2020.
- ‘Global Bribery Risk Matrix’ is released by TRACE, an anti-bribery standard setting organisationa.
- North Korea, Turkmenistan, South Sudan, Venezuela and Eritrea present the highest commercial bribery risk
- Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and New Zealand present the lowest.
1. Exercise India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT)
- The 30th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy was concluded.
- Thailand: Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht