Daily Current Affairs 21st 22nd October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21st 22nd October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21st 22nd October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21st 22nd October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Uttarakhand’s first Ramsar site
- Asan Conservation Reserve has become Uttarakhand’s first Ramsar site.
- A Ramsar site is a wetland site designated to be of international importance under the Ramsar Convention. The Convention on Wetlands, known as the Ramsar Convention, is an intergovernmental environmental treaty established in 1971 by UNESCO, which came into force in 1975.
2. India’ longest BRTS network
- Surat now has India’ longest Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) network of 108 km.
- Gujarat: Governor: Acharya Devvrat || Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
1. Y20 Global Summit
- Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju represented India in the Y20 Global Summit.
- Theme: ‘Government – Youth dialogue on post-COVID-19 opportunities’.
1. Next Generation Credit Cards
- Paytm announced that it is building ‘Next Generation Credit Cards’, aiming to issue two million cards in the next 12–18 months.
- Paytm: CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Headquarters: Noida
2. First Country to use Facial Recognition to pay taxes
- Singapore has become first country to issue ‘SingPass’, a digital identity scheme to use Facial Recognition to pay taxes.
- Singapore: Capital: Singapore City || Currency: Singapore dollar
1. New Brand Ambassador of LG Electronics
- LG Electronics has named Lewis Hamilton a global ambassador for LG Signature.
- LG Electronics: Chairman: Kwang-Mo Koo
Science and Technology News
1. First cellular network on the Moon
- Nokia has picked by NASA to build first cellular network on the Moon.
- NASA: Headquarters: Washington DC || NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine
- Nokia: CEO: Pekka Lundmark || Headquarters: Espoo, Finland
2. Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile
- DRDO has successfully test fired the Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile off the coast of Odisha.
- DRDO: Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi || Chairman: G Satheesh Kumar Reddy
1. International Chefs Day
- International Chefs Day is celebrated each year on October 20th.
- The day focuses on educating kids around the world about eating healthy. It’s also a day for chefs to pass on their knowledge and skills to the next generation of chefs.
- Theme: Healthy Food for the Future!
1. Malabar Naval Exercise
- India along with Japan, Australia and the United States participated in Malabar Naval Exercise.
- India invited Australia to join Malabar naval exercises in snub to China
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,21st 22nd October