Daily Current Affairs 21st 22nd September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21st 22nd September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21st 22nd September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21st 22nd September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. BEAMS Tag (Beach Environment & Aesthetics Management Services)
- India launched its own eco-label ‘BEAMS’ (Beach Environment & Aesthetics Management Services) under its Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) project.
- India’s eight beaches has been in consideration by international jury for the Blue Flag certification, a coveted International eco-label for Beaches.
- The Blue Flag certificate is an internationally recognized eco-label given by ‘Foundation for Environment Education, Denmark’.
2. India’s first General Aviation Terminal facility for private jets
- Delhi International Airport (GMR Group-led consortium) has launched India’s first General Aviation Terminal facility for private jets at Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- Can cater to over 150 private jets per day.
3. Guidelines for Vegan foods in India
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has constituted a task force to look into guidelines for vegan foods.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India: Headquarters: New Delhi || Chairperson: Rita Teaotia
4. First state to unveil ethical AI, Block-chain, Cyber-security policies in India
- Tamil Nadu has become first state to unveil ethical AI, Block-chain, Cyber-security policies in India.
- Tamil Nadu: Capital: Chennai || Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami || Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
5. India’s first Coast Guard academy
- India’s first Coast Guard academy will be established at Mangaluru.
- The Indian Coast Guard is an Armed Force, Search and Rescue and Maritime Law Enforcement agency that protects India’s maritime interests and enforces its maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
1. Lead Management System (LMS) – i-Lead 2.0
- Canara Bank has launched Lead Management System (LMS) – i-Lead 2.0 (Inspiring Leads System version 2.0) to boost customer services.
- Canara Bank Limited is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai and later the government nationalized the bank in 1969.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || CEO: Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
2. Google Pay with Visa
- Google Pay has partnered with Visa bringing tap-to-pay for Indian users.
- Through tokenisation, Google Pay users can use their debit or credit card to make payments through a secure digital token attached to their phone without having to physically share their credit or debit card details.
1. BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands rankings
- HDFC Bank has emerged as the most valuable brand in India in 2020.
- BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands rankings published by WPP Plc and Kantar report.
- Top Three
- 1. HDFC
- 2. LIC
- 3. TCS
1. Memoir ‘A Promised Land’
- Barack Obama’s Memoir ‘A Promised Land’ will be coming out in November.
- Barack Hussein Obama II is an American politician and attorney who served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, Obama was the first African-American president of the United States.
1. New Chief National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)
- Anil Dhasmana has been appointed as the new chief of the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).
- The National Technical Research Organisation is a technical intelligence Agency under the National Security Advisor in the Prime Minister’s Office, India. It was set up in 2004. It also includes National Institute of Cryptology Research and Development, which is first of its kind in Asia.
1. International Day of Peace
- The International Day of Peace, sometimes officially known as World Peace Day, is a United Nations-sanctioned holiday observed annually on 21 September.
- Theme: ‘Shaping Peace Together’
2. World Alzheimer’s Day
- World Alzheimer’s Day is on 21 September each year.
- Theme: ‘Let’s talk about dementia’.
- 2 out of every 3 people globally believe there is little or no understanding of dementia in their countries.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Human Capital Index
- India has been ranked at the 116th position in the latest edition of ‘Human Capital Index’ by World Bank.
- Top Three
- 1. Singapore
- 2. Hongkong and China
- 3. Japan
- World Bank President: David Robert Malpass.
2. Ig Nobel Prize 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for Medical Education.
- PM Modi is the second Indian Prime Minister after Atal Bihari Vajpayee to be honoured with the Ig Nobel Prize.
- The Ig Nobel Prize is a satirical and parody award given out by a magazine Improbable Research every year since 1991.
- Ig Nobel Prizes are awarded for acheivements that make people LAUGH, then THINK.] For example: after something has been discovered or created, no one – anyone, anywhere, ever – can later become the first to have made that discovery or creation. The “firstness” cannot be repeated.
1. Italian Open 2020 (Tennis)
- Men’s Single: Novak Djokovic
- Women’s Single: Simona Halep