Daily Current Affairs 22 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. International SME Convention at New Delhi
- In a first of its kind, the convention intends to include MSMEs in Make in India program.
- MSMEs constitutes a single largest employer after agricultural sector in India.
2. 1st woman firefighter appointed
- This comes after the AAI faced shortage of firefighters.
- Taniya Sanyal is appointed to Kolkata, Patna and Ranchi among others.
3. Initiative for control of viral hepatitis : Health Ministry
- The ministry intends to set up 100 testing and 665 testing centres.
- India is committed to ending viral hepatitis by 2030.
4. President approves death penalty for rapists
- The Prez signed the ordinance to award death penalty for rapists of kids aged below 12 years.
- The minimum punishment for rape has been increased from 7 to 10 years.
1. Swaziland renamed by its King
- King Mswati renamed Swaziland as ‘The Kingdom of eSwatini’ .
- Earlier, the king had used this name while addressing the UN General Assembly in 2017.
2. Commonwealth nations to take action on cybersecurity
- The member nations have agreed to take on cybersecurity by 2020.
- UK govt decided to pool in 15 million pounds to help the nations strengthen their cybersecurity.
3. MIT prof named most promising economist
- Prof Parag Pathak has been awarded the award for the best economist aged below 40.
- His work is on market design and education policy.
4. Iraq launches air strikes against ISIS
- The strikes were coordinated by the govt of Syria.
- ISIS announced to establish its caliphate on Syria and Iraq in 2014.
1. RBI amends KYC guidelines
- Aadhaar is made compulsory in the Know Your Customer guidelines.
- Usage of any other documents as id or address proof is no longer valid.
2. HDFC Bank profit rises 20%
- The profit for the March quarter is Rs.4,799 cr.
- Gross bad loans rose to 1.3% against 1.29% last quarter.
3. 55% bank accounts opened from India
- Overall, 51.6 cr bank accounts opened 2014-17 globally.
- The gender gap in account openers in India reduced from 20% to 6%.
4. World debt hits $164 tn
- It is worth 225% of the world’s GDP.
- China alone contributed to 40% of this debt.
1. Mumbai to host Intercontinental cup
- Mumbai Football Arena will host the tournament with teams from India, South Africa, New Zealand and Chinese Taipei.
- The tri-nation series in 2017 was also conducted at the same venue.
2. Bengaluru FC won football tournament
- The team won the inaugural edition of the Super Cup Football Tournament.
- Bengaluru FC defeated Eat Bengal by 4-1.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15