Daily Current Affairs 22 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
22 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Intellectual Property Award 2019
- Intellectual Property Rights Cell of Kerala Agricultural University has been awarded by National Intellectual Property Award 2019.
- The award constituted by the Indian Intellectual Property Office under the Union Ministry of Industry and Commerce
- Intellectual property rights. A right that is had by a person or by a company to have exclusive rights to use its own plans, ideas, or other intangible assets without the worry of competition, at least for a specific period of time. These rights can include copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets.
2. Amartya Sen Chair
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) has set up the Amartya Sen Chair to honour the Nobel laureate.
- The London School of Economics is a public research university located in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
- Amartya Kumar Sen, CH, FBA is an Indian economist and philosopher, who since 1972 has taught and worked in India, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
3. Amar Paul passes away
- Bengali folk singer Amar Paul passed away at 96.
- West Bengal is a state in eastern India, between the Himalayas and the Bay of Bengal. Its capital, Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), retains architectural and cultural remnants of its past as an East India Company trading post and capital of the British Raj.
- Capital: Kolkata || Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee || Governor :- Keshari Nath Tripathi
1. Earth Day
- Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
- First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day now includes events in more than 193 countries, which are coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network.
- For the year 2019, the Earth Day theme is ‘Protect our Species’.
2. Donald Trump with Crown Prince Naruhito
- Donald Trump will visit Japan and become 1st world leader to meet Crown Prince Naruhito.
- Naruhito, Crown Prince of Japan is the elder son of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko, which makes him the heir apparent to the Chrysanthemum Throne.
- Naruhito is expected to succeed his father as Emperor on 1 May 2019, following the latter’s abdication on 30 April 2019.
- The Imperial House of Japan, also referred to as the Imperial Family or the Yamato Dynasty, comprises those members of the extended family of the reigning Emperor of Japan who undertake official and public duties.
3. China International Technology Fair
- The 7th edition of China International Technology Fair has started in Shanghai.
- President: Xi Jinping || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi || Population: 138.64 crores (2017) World Bank || Official script: Simplified Chinese
4. India’s next High Commissioner to South Africa
- Jaideep Sarkar has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to South Africa.
- Capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein || Currency: South African rand || President: Cyril Ramaphosa
1. Exim Bank with Rwanda
- Exim Bank has provided soft loans of USD 266.60 million to Rwanda.
- Rwanda Capital- Kigali || Currency- Rwandan franc.
- Export–Import Bank of India is a finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Since its inception, Exim Bank of India has been both a catalyst and a key player in the promotion of cross border trade and investment.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: David Rasquinha || Founded: 1982 || Managing director: David Rasquinha
2. ‘Learning Coin’ Token
- IMF and World Bank have launched a private blockchain with a pseudo-token named ‘Learning Coin’.
- It is with a purpose to teach relevant individuals within the organizations about blockchain.
- Accessible within the IMF and World Bank
3. Twitter India MD
- Twitter has appointed Manish Maheshwari as Managing Director of its India’s Operations.
- Twitter is an American online news and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”. Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters, but on November 7, 2017, this limit was doubled for all languages except Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- CEO: Jack Dorsey || Founded: 21 March 2006, San Francisco, California, United States || Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
4. Startup Ecosystem Ranking
- Startup Ecosystem Ranking for 2019 was released by StartupBlink
- India was ranked 17th position among 100 countries.
- 1st: United States
- 2nd: United Kingdom
- 3rd: Canada
1. 36th National Games of India
- Goa Government will pay Rs 10-crore penalty for missing the deadline for hosting 36th National Games to Indian Olympic Association.
- The 36th National Games of India will be held in October-November 2019 in Goa, India. The 36th edition will host 37 sporting disciplines.
- The Indian Olympic Association is the body responsible for selecting athletes to represent India at the Olympic Games, Asian Games and other international athletic meets and for managing the Indian teams at these events.
- President: Narinder Dhruv Batra || Secretary General: Rajeev Mehta || Founded: 1927 || Recognized: 1927 || Founders: Harry Buck, Arthur Noehren || Headquarters: New Delhi, India
2. Asian Weightlifting Championship 2019
- Jhilli Dalabehera has won Silver Medal in Women’s 45 Kg Event.
- The 2019 Asian Weightlifting Championships will be held in Ningbo, China from 20 to 28 April 2019. It will be the 48th men’s and 29th women’s championship.
- The Asian Weightlifting Championships is a weightlifting championship organised by the Asian Weightlifting Federation for competitors from the Asian countries. It has been held since 1969 for men and 1988 for women.
3. Santosh Trophy 2019
- Services has lifted the Santosh Trophy 2019 by defeating Punjab in the final.
- The Santosh Trophy is an association football knock-out competition contested by the regional state associations and government institutions under the All India Football Federation, the sport’s governing body in India.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30