Daily Current Affairs 22 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. PM Modi on a 3-nation visit
- PM Modi will embark on a 3-nation visit to France, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.
- In the first leg of the visit, He will meet French President Emmanuel Macron along with French Prime Minister Eduard Charles Philippe.
2. NISHTHA: National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched ‘NISHTHA’ (National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement).
- NISHTHA is the world’s largest teachers’ training programme of its kind.
- It is a national mission to improve Learning Outcomes at the Elementary level.
3. Indian Railways to ban single-use plastic
- Indian Railways has directed all units to enforce a ban on single-use plastic from October 2nd.
- Less than 50-micron thickness will be banned in premises and trains.
- Indian Railways is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth largest railway network in the world by size.
- Indian Railways is the world’s eighth-largest employer by number of employees.
4. ‘Super 50’ Programme
- Maharashtra’s Tribal Development Department has launched an academic programme ‘Super 50’ for tribal students aspiring to be doctors and engineers.
- ‘Super 50’ is in association with the Pace Educational Trust.
1. Italy’s Prime Minister to resign
- Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has submitted his resignation to President Sergio Mattarella.
- This came after his coalition partner Deputy PM Matteo Salvini moved a no-confidence vote against him.
2. Zambian President in India
- President of Zambia, Edgar Chagwa Lungu had arrived India on a three-day visit.
- Zambia: Capital: Lusaka || Currency: Zambian kwacha
3. Indian Coast Guard with Sri Lanka Coast Guard
- Indian Coast Guard held a High-Level Meeting with Sri Lanka Coast Guard in New Delhi.
- Aim: To discuss issues of mutual safety and security.
- The Indian Coast Guard is an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
- Director General K Natrajan
4. Birth right citizenship of US-born children of non-citizens
- Donald Trump has announced that he may end birth right citizenship of US-born children of non-citizens immigrating to USA illegally.
- The 14th Amendment of the US Constitution grants citizenship to all persons born or naturalised in the US.
1. Forbes’ List of World’s Highest-Paid Male Actors
- 1. Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) with $89.4 million.
- 2. Chris Hemsworth
- 3. Robert Downey Jr
- Akshay Kumar has secured 4th spot in the list with an earnings of $65 million.
2. Amazon’s Largest-ever Campus
- Amazon has opened its largest-ever campus in Hyderabad which can accommodate 15000 employees.
- Amazon is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies along with Google, Apple, and Facebook.
- CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Founded: 5 July 1994, Bellevue, Washington
3. India Economic Summit
- India Economic Summit to be held in New Delhi in October by the World Economic Forum.
- Theme: ‘Innovating for India: Strengthening South Asia, Impacting the World’.
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization. It was granted “other international body” status in January 2015 by the Swiss Federal Government under the Swiss Host-State Act.
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland || Founder: Klaus Schwab || Founded: January 1971 || Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world || Leader: Klaus Schwab
4. BookMyForex with YES Bank
- BookMyForex.com has launched a co-branded Multi-Currency Forex Travel-card in partnership with YES Bank and Visa.
- Yes Bank Limited is India’s fourth largest private sector bank, founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapur in 2004. It primarily operates as a corporate bank, with retail banking and also asset management as subsidiary functions.
- Yes Bank CEO: Ravneet Gill.
- Visa Inc. is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Foster City, California, United States. It facilitates electronic funds transfers throughout the world, most commonly through Visa-branded credit cards, gift cards, and debit cards.
- Visa CEO: Alfred F Kelly Jr || Headquarters: San Francisco
1. BCCI with Paytm
- BCCI has awarded Paytm the title sponsorship rights for 2019-23 home season of Indian Cricket Team.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India.
- The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- CEO: Rahul Johri || Headquarters: Mumbai || Women’s coach: W. V. Raman || Men’s coach: Ravi Shastri || Secretary: Kalika Yadav
2. Catalina Channel
- Madhya Pradesh para swimmer Satendra Singh Lohia has become first Asian swimmer to cross Catalina Channel.
- Catalina Channel is located in California, America.
3. Bangalore Cup hockey
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd has defeated Army XI 5-0 to lift ‘Dolo-650 Bangalore Cup’.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited, commonly known as IndianOil is an Indian state government owned oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Chairperson: Sanjiv Singh
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31