Daily Current Affairs 22 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Ambubachi Mela
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated Ambubachi Mela in Guwahati.
- The Ambubachi Mela is an annual Hindu mela held at Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati, Assam.
2. Operation Sankalp
- Indian Navy has launched ‘Operation Sankalp’ in the Gulf of Oman and Persian to reassure Indian flagged vessels.
- INS Chennai and INS Sunayna have been deployed for Maritime Security.
3. Water Clinic for Elephants
- India has opened its first specialized hydrotherapy treatment centre for elephants in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- It is a collaboration of Uttar Pradesh Forest Department and NGO Wildlife SOS.
- Uttar Pradesh :- Capital: Lucknow || Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath || Governor: Ram Naik
4. Financial Stability and Development Council Meeting
- The 20th meeting on Financial Stability and Development Council was held in New Delhi.
- It was chaired by Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman.
- FSDC is an apex-level body constituted by the government of India. It is not a statutory body.
- Statutory body or authority means a non-constitutional body which is set up by a parliament. Statutory bodies are authorized to pass the law and take the decision on the behalf of state or country. Statutory body has official permission for Legislation i.e process of enacting laws.
- FSDC deals with macro prudential and financial regularities in the entire financial sector of India.
1. Fastest growing economy of Asia-Pacific region
- According to a report from Asian Development Bank, Bangladesh has emerged as the fastest growing economy among the 45 countries of the Asia-Pacific region.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Purpose: Economic development || Membership: 68 countries
2. ‘AWaRe’ Tool by WHO
- WHO has inducted a new tool ‘AWaRe’ which contains rising Antimicrobial Resistance and makes the safer and more effective antibiotic use.
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Head: Tedros Adhanom || Founded: 7 April 1948
3. African Union
- The Next African Union Summit is scheduled to be held in Niamey, Niger in July.
- India has extended USD 15 million assistance to Niger for the same.
- The African Union (AU) is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa, with exception of various territories of European possessions located in Africa.
- Chairperson :- Abdel Fattah el-Sisi of Egypt.
- The main administrative capital of the African Union is in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where the African Union Commission is headquartered.
- Niger or the Niger, officially the Republic of the Niger, is a landlocked country in West Africa named after the Niger River. :- Capital: Niamey
1. India’s GDP Prediction by DBS Bank
- DBS Bank has projected India’s GDP Growth Rate for FY 2020 to 6.80%.
- DBS Bank is a multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3 Marina Bay, Singapore.
- The company was known as The Development Bank of Singapore Limited, before the present name was adopted in July 2003 to reflect its changing role as a regional bank.
- Headquarters: Singapore || CEO: Piyush Gupta
2. Tech Mahindra with Airbus
- Tech Mahindra has signed a agreement with Airbus for cabin and cargo design engineering.
- Tech Mahindra Limited Indian multinational provider of Information Technology, networking technology solutions, Integrated Engineering Solutions and Business Process Outsourcing to various industry verticals and horizontals.
- Airbus SE, from 2000 to 2014 known as the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company, is a European multinational aerospace corporation that stood as the world’s second biggest aerospace and defence company in 2018.
3. Merger of Indiabulls Housing Finance with Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Competition Commission of India has approved the merger of Indiabulls Housing Finance with Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank was founded in 1926 by a group of seven businessmen of Karur under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar.
- Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited is a mortgage lender which is headquartered in New Delhi, India. It is India’s second largest housing finance company and is regulated by the National Housing Bank.
- Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
1. Cricket Australia with HCL
- HCL has become the digital technology partner of Cricket Australia.
- Cricket Australia :- CEO: Kevin Roberts || Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
- HCL:- CEO: C Vijayakumar || Founded: 11 August 1976 || Headquarters: Noida
2. Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championship
- The 8th edition of Senior Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championships was held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- Indian Gymnast Pranati Nayak has won bronze medal in vault event at 8th edition of Senior Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championships.
- Artistic gymnastics is a discipline of gymnastics in which athletes perform short routines on different apparatuses, with less time for vaulting. The sport is governed by the Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique, which designs the code of points and regulates all aspects of international elite competition.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,22 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30