Daily Current Affairs 22 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Child Actor Sunny Pawar
- Sunny Pawar bagged Best Child Actor award at the 19th New York Indian Film Festival.
- He was awarded for Movie ‘Chippa’ directed by Safdar Rahman.
- Story :- On the eve of his tenth birthday, when Chippa receives a letter for his long-absent father, he decides to leave his pavement abode to find out more.
2. Niti Aayog’s Artificial Intelligence Push
- The NITI Aayog has drafted Rs 7500-crore plan for creating an institutional framework for artificial intelligence in India.
- The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals and to enhance cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- Jurisdiction: Government of India || Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Amitabh Kant
3. Project SPARROW
- The Government has launched Project SPARROW for CBIC officers in CBIC across India for better Human Resource Management.
- SPARROW is a ‘Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window’.
- The Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs is the nodal national agency responsible for administering Customs, GST, Central Excise, Service Tax & Narcotics in India.
- Chairperson: Pranab Kumar Das
4. DNA Database for Indian Rhinos
- Union Ministry of Environment will create a project to create DNA Database for Indian Rhinos by 2021.
- The aim is to curb poaching and collect evidence for wildlife crimes including Rhinos.
- It will be developed by Wildlife Institute of India (WII) headquartered in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
1. Ukraine’s new President
- Volodymyr Zelenskiy took oath as Ukraine’s new President.
- Ukraine :- Capital: Kyiv || Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
2. Indo-Myanmar Coordinated Patrol (IMCOR)
- The 8th edition of Indo-Myanmar coordinated Navy patrol ‘Indo-Myanmar Coordinated Patrol (IMCOR)’ has started in Port Blair.
- Myanmar Capital: Naypyitaw || Currency: Burmese kyat
3. First black African woman to scale Everest
- Mountaineer Saray Khumalo of South Africa has become the first black African woman to scale Mount Everest.
- President: Cyril Ramaphosa || Capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein || Currency: South African rand
4. Refurbished Mobile Imports in India
- India has allowed refurbished mobile imports certified by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- The Bureau of Indian Standards is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India.
- It is established by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986 which came into effect on 23 December 1986.
1. ‘HeART’ by HDFC Capital
- HDFC Capital has launched ‘HeART’ to mentor real estate technology companies.
- The full form of ‘HeART’ is ‘HDFC Affordable Real Estate and Technology Program (HeART).
- Real estate technology companies that drive innovation and efficiencies within the affordable housing ecosystem.
2. Top performing RRB Bank
- Tripura Gramin Bank is among the Top performing RRB Bank in the India.
- Tripura Gramin Bank is a Regional Rural Bank established on 21 December 1976 in terms of provisions of Regional Rural Banks Act 1976.
- The bank is sponsored by United Bank of India & is jointly Owned by the Government of India, Government of Tripura and UBI.
3. IBM India with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has partnered with IBM India for Artificial Intelligence based solutions.
- IBM India Private Limited is the Indian subsidiary of IBM.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Parent organization: IBM || Key person: Karan Bajwa || Founded: 1992
- International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries.
4. BSE StAR MF App
- BSE has launched BSE StAR MF App for its Mutual Fund Platform.
- It supports real-time client registration and paperless transactions, creates and uploads mandate for SIPs.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai. Established in 1875, the BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange. The BSE is the world’s 10th largest stock exchange with an overall market capitalization of more than $4.9 trillion on as of April 2018.
1. ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 song
- Official Song :- ‘Stand By’.
- The ‘Stand By’ song is a collaboration between Artist LORYN and Rudimental.
- The 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup is the 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup, scheduled to be hosted by England and Wales, from 30 May to 14 July 2019.
2. ‘Serie A Player of the Year’ Award
- Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus was awarded ‘Serie A Player of the Year’ award.
- Serie A, also called Serie A TIM due to sponsorship by TIM, is a professional league competition for football clubs located at the top of the Italian football league system and the winner is awarded the Coppa Campionid’ Italia. It has been operating for over eighty years since the 1929–30 season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays as a forward for Italian club Juventus and captains the Portugal national team.
3. English Football
- Premier League:- Winner: Manchester City || Runner-up: Liverpool
- FA Cup:- Winner: Manchester City || Runner-up: Watford
- EFL Cup:- Winner: Manchester City || Runner-up: Chelsea
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31