Daily Current Affairs 22 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Book ‘Bridgital Nation’
- Book ‘Bridgital Nation’ is authored by Chairman, Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran and Roopa Purushothaman.
- Tata Sons Private Limited is the holding company of the Tata Group and holds the bulk of shareholding in the Tata group of companies including their land holdings across India, tea estates and steel plants.
- Founder: Jamsetji Tata || Founded: 1868 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Key person: Ratan Tata || Type of business: Privately held company
2. New Secretary of HRD Ministry
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare was given additional charge of Secretary in HRD Ministry.
- Amit Khare is an Indian Administrative Service officer from Bihar cadre. He is noted for his role in bringing to light the Fodder scam, in which Rs. 940 crores were embezzled in Bihar over many years, and successive chief ministers Jagannath Mishra and Lalu Yadav have been imprisoned.
3. Col. Chewang Rinchen Setu Bridge
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated Col. Chewang Rinchen Setu Bridge in the forward area of Ladakh region.
- Colonel Chewang Rinchen was a highly decorated officer in the Indian Army from the Ladakh region of Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. He was one of only six Indian service personnel to have twice won the MahaVir Chakra, the second highest Indian gallantry decoration.
4. PV Krishnamoorthy passes away
- Veteran Broadcast Journalist PV Krishnamoorthy has passed away.
- He was appointed as the first Director General of Doordarshan in 1976.
- Doordarshan is an autonomous public service broadcaster founded by the Government of India, owned by the Broadcasting Ministry of India and one of PrasarBharati’s two divisions. One of India’s largest broadcasting organisations in studio and transmitter infrastructure, it was established on 15 September 1959.
1. Indonesian President re-elected again
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo was sworn in for a second 5-year term.
- Capital: Jakarta || Currency: Indonesian rupiah
2. World Coffee Conference
- International Coffee Organization will organize 5th Edition of World Coffee Conference at Bengaluru from September 7th to 9th 2020.
- Theme: ‘Sustainability Through Consumption’.
- The International Coffee Organization was set up in 1963 in London, under the auspices of the United Nations because of the great economic importance of coffee. It administers the International Coffee Agreement, an important instrument for development cooperation.
- Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom || Founded: 1963 || Official languages: English; French; Portuguese; Spanish || Type of business: Trade bloc
3. International Stuttering Awareness Day
- October 22 was designated International Stuttering Awareness Day in 1998.
- The day is intended to raise public awareness of the millions of people – one percent of the world’s population – who have the speech disorder of stuttering.
- Theme: ‘Growth Through Speaking’.
4. World Statistics Day
- World Statistics Day was an international day celebrated for the first time on 20 October 2010 worldwide.
- World Statistics Day is celebrated every five years. The United Nations Statistical Commission declared the day.
- Theme: ‘Better Data, Better Lives’.
1. Gruh Finance with Bandhan Bank
- Housing Finance Company Gruh Finance is formally merged with Bandhan Bank.
- Bandhan Bank Ltd. is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Bandhan Bank: Headquarters: Kolkata || CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
2. Home Credit Group with KarurVysya Bank
- Home Credit Group has tied up with KarurVysya Bank for joint lending partnership.
- Home Credit B.V. is an international non-bank financial institution founded in 1997 in the Czech Republic and headquartered in Netherlands.
- KarurVysya Bank is an Indian 100 years completed bank and is one of the leading banks in India, headquartered in Karur in Tamil Nadu. It was set up in 1916 by M. A. Venkatarama Chettiar and Athi Krishna Chettiar. The bank primarily operates in treasury, corporate/wholesale banking and retail banking segments.
3. New chairman of Indian Banks’ Association
- SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar has been appointed as the new chairman of Indian Banks’ Association replacing Sunil Mehta.
- MD & CEO of IDBI Bank Rakesh Sharma will be secretary of IBA for 2019-20.
- Indian Banks’ Association, formed on 26 September 1946 as a representative body of management of banking in India operating in India – an association of Indian banks and financial institutions based in Mumbai.
- CEO: VG Kannan || Headquarters location: Mumbai.
1. Egypt International Mixed Doubles Title
- Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat have won Egypt Badminton International Mixed Doubles Title in Cairo, Egypt.
- Egypt Capital: Cairo || Currency: Egyptian Pound.
2. Asian Track Cycling Championships
- Asian Track Cycling Championships was held at Incheon in South Korea.
- Indian cyclist Ronaldo Singh has won Gold Medal in men’s junior Keirin event at Asian Track Cycling Championships.
3. Vivo Pro Kabaddi League 2019
- Winner: Bengal Warriors
- Runner-up: Dabang Delhi
- Most Valuable Player award of the League: Naveen Kumar from Dabang Delhi
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31