Daily Current Affairs 22 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 7 New Governors are appointed by President Kovind
- Satya Pal Malik – Jammu and Kashmir
- Tathagata Roy – Meghalaya
- Lalji Tandon – Bihar
- Ganga Prasad – Sikkim
- Kaptan Singh Solanki -Tripura
- Satyadev Narayan Arya – Haryana
- Baby Rani Maurya – Uttarakhand
2. No NOTA in Rajya Sabha Elections
- Supreme Court of India has rejected NOTA options in RS Elections.
- “NOTA” or ‘None of the Above’ has been provided as an option to the voters of India in most elections. Through the usage of NOTA, a citizen can choose not to vote for any candidates who are contesting the elections. However, NOTA in India does not guarantee dismissal of the winning candidate. Therefore, it’s only a method to give a negative feedback. NOTA does not hold any electoral value even if the maximum votes are for NOTA, the candidate with maximum vote share will still be the winner.
3. Atal Nagar
- Naya Raipur(In capital of Chhattisgarh) to be renamed as ‘Atal Nagar’.
- A tribute to Atal Bihari Vajpayee from Chhattisgarh government.
4. ‘Quit Today’ message
- ‘Quit today call 1800-11-2356’ will be printed on Cigarette packs and other products
- Health and Family Welfare Ministry has notified health warnings for all tobacco product on their packets.
1. International Day of Remembrance and tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- International Day of Remembrance and tribute to the Victims of Terrorism was observed on 21 August.
- The primary responsibility is to support victims of terrorism and uphold their rights rests with Member States.
2. IAF-RMAF Exercise
- This is a bilateral exercise between Indian Air Force(IAF) and Royal Malaysian Air Force(RMAF).
- This exercise has started in Malaysia.
3. Esala Maha Perehera Festival
- Esala Maha Perehera Festival has begun in Kandy ,Sri Lanka.
- It is one of the oldest Buddhist festivals in Sri Lanka.
1. Fortune’s ‘Change the World’ list
- Jio has topped Fortune’s ‘Change the World’ list.
- 1. RIL JIO
- 2. Merck(An American Pharma)
- 3. Bank of America
2. NSIC with SME Corporation Malaysia
- National Small Industries Corporation has signed MoU with SME Corporation Malaysia.
- The aim is to care and share of policies to aid development of SMEs between two countries.
3. Paytm with Alibaba
- Paytm to launch its cloud business with Alibaba.
- CRM, campaign management and payment solutions are the key areas.
4. SWAYAM-A Portal for IIT-JEE Aspirants
- IIT-PAL(Professor Assisted Learning) has more than 600 lectures on PCM or PCB Streams will be available on Swayam platform free of cost.
- This will reduce the coaching dependency.
1. Autobiography of VVS Laxman: 281 and Beyond
- Laxman made his debut for India in 1996 in a Test match. He cemented his place in the middle-order and took India to numerous victories.He played a total of 134 Tests and scored 8781 runs at an average of above 45.
- The book will release on November 20,2018 by Westland Publications.
2. Shane Warne to come out with autobiography in October called No Spin
- Shane Warne is widely regarded as one of the finest bowlers in the history of the game. He played his first Test match in 1992, and took over 1,000 international wickets.
- This will release on October 4,2018.
3. Top paid female athletes 2018
- Serena Williams topped the list with $18.1-million.
- PV Sindhu($8.5 million) is the only Indian in Forbes’ list with seventh rank.
4. Asian Games 2018
- India’s biggest victory in Hockey(26-0 against Hong Kong).
- Rahi Sarnobat won gold in 25m Pistol event
- he Host cities for Asian Games 2018 are Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia. Bhin Bhin, Kaka, and Atung are the mascots of the 2018 Asian Games.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15