Daily Current Affairs 22 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Unani Day 2019 (11 Feb 2019)
- National Unani Day was celebrated in the country and state on Saturday to mark the birth centenary of Hakim Ajmal Khan, a noted freedom fighter, renowned Unani medical practitioner and educationist
- Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), will launch a 50-day countdown for Unani Day 2019.
2. ‘Adopt A Heritage’ Project
- At present, 10 Monuments have been adopted under ‘Adopt A Heritage’ Project.
- ‘Adopt A Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan’, scheme is initiated by Tourism Ministry, Culture Ministry and Archaeological Survey of India.
3. KALIA Scheme
- Odisha Govt. has launched the ‘Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation’ (KALIA) scheme.
- Under this scheme, Rs.10,000 crore to accelerate agricultural prosperity in the State and to reduce poverty.
4. National Mathematics Day
- In 2012, the Indian government declared 22 December to be National Mathematics Day.
- During the inaugural ceremony of the celebrations to mark the 125th anniversary of the birth of the Indian mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan. On this occasion Singh also announced that 2012 would be celebrated as the National Mathematics Year.
1. Jim Mattis has announced retirement
- USA States Defence Secretary Jim Mattis has announced his resignation.
- James Norman Mattis is the 26th and current United States Secretary of Defence and a former United States Marine Corps general. He commanded the 1st Marine Division during the 2003 invasion of Iraq and served as the 11th Commander of United States Central Command during the Presidency of Barack Obama.
2. Amphibian ‘Dermophis donaldtrumpi’
- A lately-discovered amphibian from Panama will be named after Donald Trump.
- The small creature is with no legs and poor eyesight and these features of the amphibian match the Donald Trump’s opinion on climate change as in June last year USA withdrew from the Paris climate change agreement.
3. First Step Act – A Criminal Justice Reform Bill
- US Senate has passed the First Step Act.
- It will roll back the excessively punitive criminal justice policies that have been in place since the crackdown on crime in the 1980s.
- The FIRST STEP Act is legislation to reform the federal prison system. After an initial version passed the House of Representatives on May 22, 2018, a new version was passed by the U.S. Senate on December 18, 2018.
4. Asiatic Lion Conservation Project
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change of India has launched the ‘Asiatic Lion Conservation Project’.
- The aim is to protect and conserve the world’s last ranging free population of Asiatic Lion.
- Acc. to 2015 census, 523 Asiatic Lions in the Gir Protected Area, Gujarat.
- Gir Forest National Park is a wildlife sanctuary in Gujarat, western India. It was established to protect Asiatic lions, who frequent the fenced-off Devalia Safari Park, along with leopards and antelopes. Gir Jungle Trail, outside the fenced area, traverses deciduous forest and is home to wildlife including vultures and pythons. The Kamleshwar Dam has marsh crocodiles and birds, such as Indian skimmers and pelicans.
1. Federal Reserve System Bank
- US Federal Reserve has increased the Bank Rate(key short-term interest rates) by 25 basis points to 2.5%.
- The Federal Reserve System is the central banking system of the United States of America. It was created on December 23, 1913, with the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, after a series of financial panics led to the desire for central control of the monetary system in order to alleviate financial crises.
- Chairperson: Jerome Powell || Bank rate: 2.50% || Child agency: Federal Open Market Committee || Interest rate target: 2.00% to 2.25% || Interest on reserves: 2.20% || Reserve requirements: 0 to 10%
2. Consumer Protection Bill, 2018
- Lok Sabha has passed Consumer Protection Bill, 2018, which eventually will replace the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- With an aim to protect those who use new technologies such as e-commerce and online shopping.
3. SDG India Index: Baseline Report 2018
- SDG India Index: Baseline Report 2018 was released by the NITI Aayog.
- The SDG India Index, which was developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Global Green Growth Institute and United Nations in India.
- It measures map progress of States and UTs towards 2030 SDGs.
- There are four categories to measure : Achiever, Front Runner, Performer and Aspirant.
- In states Kerala, Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, and in UTs Chandigarh and Puducherry are in Front Runner Category.
- Assam, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh are in Aspirant Category.
4. NASSCOM with IIT-Madras
- Both have inked an agreement to provide re-skilling/upskilling of 4 million workforce in digital skills.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
1. Australian Open
- Australian Open will introduce final set tiebreak in next year Edition.
- The Australian Open is a tennis tournament held annually over the last fortnight of January in Melbourne, Australia. The tournament is the first of the four Grand Slam tennis events held each year, preceding the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.
2. Premier Badminton League
- The fourth Edition of Premier Badminton League has started.
- Premier Badminton League is a franchise league; Sportz & Live Private Limited has the rights to operate and execute the Premier Badminton League. It was named Indian Badminton League when founded in 2013 then later rechristened to Premier Badminton League before the start of 2nd season in 2016.
3. 2018 FIFA Club World Cup
- Real Madrid (Spain) and AL Ain (UAE) are in the Final.
- The 2018 FIFA Club World Cup is the 15th edition of the FIFA Club World Cup, a FIFA-organised international club football tournament between the champion clubs from each of the six continental confederations, as well as the national league champion from the host country.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15