Daily Current Affairs 22 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Operation Digital Board on the lines of Operation Blackboard
- Government has launched Operation Digital Board to provide better digital education in schools.
- Seven lakh classrooms of 9th, 10th and 11th standards and two lakh classrooms of colleges and Universities.
2. First Lokayukta of Nagaland
- Justice Uma Nath Singh has been appointed as the First Lokayukta of Nagaland.
- Meghalaya is a state in north-eastern India. The name means “the abode of clouds” in Sanskrit.
- Capital: Shillong || Governor: Tathagata Roy || Chief minister: Conrad Sangma || Formation: 21 January 1972
3. Nyaya Bandhu Mobile App
- Department of Justice has launched tele-law mobile app and ‘Nyaya Bandhu’.
- The tele-law mobile application is integrated with a dashboard and an application called Nyaya Bandhu.
- It will facilitate practising advocates to register and connect with the registered eligible beneficiaries.
4. ‘Dhanush’ Artillery Guns
- The Ordnance Factory Board has received production clearance from the Indian Army and the Defence Ministry for ‘Dhanush’ Artillery Guns.
- The Dhanush is a 155 mm towed howitzer used by the Indian Army. The design is based on the Bofors Haubits FH77 which India acquired in the 1980s. The gun, as of June 2016, has entered into active production.
1. MoU between India and Sri Lanka
- India and Sri Lanka have signed an MoU to establish a business centre for Information Communication Technology (ICT) incubators in Jaffna.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe || President: Maithripala Sirisena
2. World’s First Female AI News Anchor
- Xinhua News Agency (China) has unveiled World’s 1st female AI news anchor ‘Xin Xiaomeng’.
- Last year, Xinhua unveiled the 1st ever AI-based anchor (Male).
3. Mammal Great Barrier Reef Rodent
- Mammal Great Barrier Reef Rodent in Australia is the first mammal believed to have been killed off by Human-Induced Climate Change.
- It is a rat-like Bramble Cay melomys—whose only known habitat was a small sandy island in far northern Australia—has not been spotted in a decade.
4. Space Force Military
- USA President Donald Trump has signed an order to create a new branch of the military called ‘Space Force’.
- Donald John Trump is the 45th and current president of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality. Trump was born and raised in the New York City borough of Queens and received an economics degree from the Wharton School.
1. ‘CEO of The Year’ Award
- Dr Soumitro Chakraborty was conferred with ‘CEO of the year’ award at the 8th World CSR Congress held in Mumbai.
- Dr Soumitro Chakraborty is the Chief Executive Officer of Innovative Financial Advisors Pvt. Ltd. (Fiinovation).
2. Interest Rate on EPFO
- The Central Board of Trustees (CBT) has decided to recommend raising rate to 8.65% for the fiscal year 2018-19. The rate was 8.55% for 2017-18.
- The Central Board of Trustees, EPF is a statutory body constituted by the Central Government under the provisions of section 5A of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act,1952 (Act 19 of 1952). The tenure of the Board is five years.
3. Supercomputer ‘PARAM Shivay’
- PM Modi has inaugurated a Supercomputer named ‘PARAM Shivay’ (833 TeraFlop Capacity) at IIT-Banaras Hindu University.
- It was built under the Rs 4500-crore National Supercomputing Mission.
4. New CEO of PayU India
- Naspers has appointed Anirban Mukherjee as the CEO of online payments service provider PayU India.
- PayU is the result of multiple payment gateways in various regions of the world that have all been acquired and brought into the PayU group.
- In 2014, all online payments companies that were part of Naspers started operating under the PayU brand.
- PayU is a fintech company that provides payment technology to online merchants. The company was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Hoofddorp, Netherlands. It allows online businesses to accept and process payments through payment methods that can be integrated with web and mobile applications.
1. Strandja Memorial Boxing
- Nikhat Zareen and Meena Kumari Devi have won Gold Medals at the Strandja Memorial Tournament thus becoming first Indian women boxers to do so.
- The Strandja Memorial Tournament was held in Sofia, Bulgaria.
2. Ombudsman for BCCI
- The Supreme Court has appointed Justice DK Jain as the ombudsman for the BCCI under the terms of constitution of the cricket board.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
3. Basketball Africa League
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) and International Basketball Federation (FIBA) will launch Basketball Africa League in the African continent.
- The National Basketball Association is a men’s professional basketball league in North America; composed of 30 teams. It is widely considered to be the premier men’s professional basketball league in the world.
- The International Basketball Federation, more commonly known as FIBA, from its French name Fédération internationale de basket-ball, is an association of national organizations which governs the sport of basketball worldwide.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14