Daily Current Affairs 22 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Public Affairs Index 2018
- Kerala stood as the best governed state in the country
- Public Affairs Index 2018 released by the think tank Public Affairs Centre (PAC).
2. The Medini Puraskar Yojna Scheme
- ‘Medini Puraskar Yojna’– a scheme that awards Indian authors for their original work in Hindi on environment.
- This program is re-introduced by The Environment Ministry.
3. Mizo Hnahthlak festival
- The first international festival of Mizoram ‘Mizo Hnahthlak International festival’ was organised in Aizawl
- This is the international cultural festival of the Mizo ethnic group with pomp and gaiety.
1. India-assisted emergency ambulance service in Sri Lanka
- PM Modi launched ambulance service in Sri Lanka.
- There is also cover for the training of manpower in India and meeting operational costs for one year.
2. Food critic Jonathan Gold passes away
- Food critic, Jonathan Gold, has passed away at the age of 57.
- He became the first food critic to win the Pulitzer Prize for Criticism.
3. Athena- a new satellite by Facebook
- Facebook is aiming to launch, ‘Athena’, its own internet satellite, early in 2019.
- It would provide broadband access to unserved and underserved areas throughout the world.
1. Federal bank to open offices in Bahrain, Kuwait and Singapore.
- Federal Bank has obtained the nod from RBI to open offices in Bahrain, Kuwait and Singapore.
- CEO and MD – Shyam Srinivasan
2. Slashed GST rates
- The Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council meeting New Delhi, Finance Minister Piyush Goyal announced reduced GST rates for a variety of commodities.
- 100 per cent waiver of GST on sanitary pads, the council has decided to nullify tax on raw materials such as stone, marble and wood, used by for making handicrafts like sculptures.
3. Cochin Port signed work order for “state-of-the-art Cruise Terminal”
- A Cruise Terminal capable of handling 5000 tourists will be set up at Cochin Port by February 2020.
- It will accompanied with facilities like passenger lounge,30 immigration counters, Wi-Fi, tourist information counter, duty free shopping, ATM/bank services, foreign exchange counter etc.
1. Lakshaya Sen clinches badminton Asia Junior Championship title
- Lakshaya Sen bagged the gold medal after defeating Indonesia’s Kunlavut Vitidsaran in the final.
- Asia Junior Championship was held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
2. National 400 metres record
- Muhammed Anas Yahiya(Gold Medal) set the new record with a time of 45.24 seconds in the 400 metres race.
- His earlier national record was 45.31 which was in Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
3. Tokyo 2020 committee unveils Olympic mascots
- Olympic mascots are Miraitowa and Someity
- The Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games will be held in Tokyo between July 24 and August 9, 2020 and from August 25 to September 6 of the same year.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,22 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15