Daily Current Affairs 22 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Medical Association (IMA) fully supports Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM)
- Dr. Indu Bhushan, CEO, Ayushman Bharat- National Health Protection Mission and Dr. R. N. Tandon, Hony. Secretary General, Indian Medical Association (IMA) met to discuss the potential collaboration in implementing Ayushman Bharat- National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM).
- IMA representatives agreed to extend their support for better implementation of AB-NHPM especially in field of empanelment of hospitals, spreading awareness and beneficiary identification processes.
2. Chabahar Port in Iran to be Operational by 2019
- Nitin Gadkari said in Dushanbe that India is trying to make Chabahar Port in Iran operational by 2019.
- Gadkari was addressing the Indian Community at the inauguration of the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre at the Indian Embassy in Dushanbe.
3. Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS) Sets Up Labs in Mumbai and Vizag
- The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS), a well-funded start-up in skill development for maritime and shipbuilding sector, has announced setting up of 24 labs -6 in Mumbai and 18 in Vizag campus.
- The labs being set up include Product Design & Validation, Advance Manufacturing, Hull Design, Automation, Welding Technology, Robotics, Virtual Reality, Advance Machine & Robotics, Electrical and several others.
4. Surat selected for City Award category under 2018 India Smart Cities Award
- Under ‘India Smart Cities Award’ 2018, Surat has been awarded for showcasing “great momentum” in the implementation of projects under the Smart Cities Mission. Joint winners in ‘Innovative Idea’ category were Bhopal for its Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) and Ahmedabad for Safe and Secure Ahmedabad (SASA) Project.
- Under ‘Social Aspects’ category – NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council) and Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh) bagged the award for implementation of ‘smart classrooms’ project, Under ‘urban environment’ category – Bhopal, Pune and Coimbatore bagged the award for public bike-sharing project.
1. Third AIIB Annual Meeting 2018
- The Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will jointly host the third Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June Mumbai.
- The theme for this year’s meeting is “Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration” that will see leaders from varied organizations and levels of government to share ideas and experiences for creating a sustainable future through sound infrastructure investment.
2. World Music Day 2018 observed on 21st June
- The day is also known as Fete de la Musique after a music festival that began in France in 1982.
- Music lovers all across the globe celebrate World Music Day on June 21 every year.
3. Seychelles president Danny Faure in India
- The two countries had signed an agreement in January to build military facilities on the remote island of Assumption
- Opposition lawmakers had argued that allowing India access to Assumption would be surrendering territory to another country
4. Musharraf resigns as All Pakistan Muslim League chairman
- Former President of Pakistan, General (Retired) Pervez Musharraf resigned as party chairman from the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML)
- Newly elected party chairman Dr Mohammad Amjad said that Musharraf resigned from the post due to the 2013 Peshawar High Court verdict that disqualified him from politics for life.
1. Microsoft acquires Flipgrid
- Flipgrid, an education start-up with an app that lets students record and share videos on specific topics with their classmates. Microsoft is making Flipgrid free of charge.
- Prior to this acquisition Microsoft unveiled a similar tool as compare to Google Classroom called Microsoft Classroom as part of its Office 365 productivity software package for education.
2. Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns
- Brian Krzanich resigned after the company was recently informed that he had a past consensual relationship with an Intel employee.
- An internal investigation confirmed the violation of Intel’s non-fraternization policy, which applies to all managers. The board has named Chief Financial Officer Robert Swan as interim CEO.
3. Vatican officially uses term LGBT for first time in its history
- The use of the term appears to mark a significant change in the Vatican’s attitude towards gay Catholics, which it has previously described as people with “homosexual inclinations” and “homosexuals.”
- ‘LGBT’ is used to denote the terms Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender.
4. World’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics launched in Gujarat
- It is launched by the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU).
- There is a collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Regional Delegation for India, Bhutan, Nepal and the Maldives.
1. Australian golfing great Peter Thomson dies aged 88
- Peter Thomson won five British Open titles in the 1950s and 1960s
- He is the only player since the turn of the 20th century to win golf’s oldest major championship three times in a row.
2. Kidambi Srikanth wins Sportsperson of the Year award
- Kidambi Srikanth, was adjudged as the “Sportsperson of the Year for 2017” by the Sports Illustrated India magazine.
- In 2017, the Kidambi Srikanth won 4 Superseries titles – Indonesia, Australia, Denmark and France and finished the season as World No. 2.
- Team of the Year: Women’s Cricket Team Coach of the Year: Stephen Constantine Young Sportsperson of the Year: Manav Vikas Thakkar Lifetime Achievement Award: Dhanraj Pillay Special Award Living Legend: Balbir Singh Sr.
3. Argentina at the edge of elimination from World Cup 2018
- Croatia on Thursday defeated Argentina 3-0 in a Group D fixture to advance to the next round of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Croatia are through to the knockout phase of a World Cup for the first time since 1998.
- Argentina failed to win either of their first two World Cup matches for the first time in 44 years.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,22 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15