Daily Current Affairs 22 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Haryana plans to launch Yojana for girls
- Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana is aimed at the safety of girls.
- All girls will get free travel facility from home to educational institutions.
2. Railways to use AI
- The AI technology will be used in a tunnel in Imphal to control air circulation and to issue emergency alerts.
- The system will also be used in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Ahmedabad metros.
3. 23,000 displaced in Tripura
- The people displaced by flash floods are provided shelter in relief camps.
- CM Biplab Deb has announced Rs.1 lakh for the reconstruction of damaged houses.
1. USA threatens Iran with sanctions
- USA has threatened to impose sanctions if it does not accept the demands.
- The 12 demands include ending its support for Yemen’s Houthi rebels, withdrawing forces from Syria
2. Syria regains full control of its capital
- Syria declared control on Damascus and areas around it after 7 years.
- This comes after the military cleared IS militants.
3. Gobind Singh is Malaysia’s Sikh minister
- Indian-origin Gobind Singh Deo became Malaysia’s 1st minister from the Sikh community .
- He is one of the 2 India’s in the Malaysian cabinet currently.
4.Iraq to host 1st international football tournament since 1979
- Iraq is to host a West Asia Football Federation (WAFF) championship in the city of Basra in November, the first major regional tournament to be hosted in the Middle Eastern nation since 1979.
- The country was prohibited from hosting international games since the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990.
1. SBI reports loss in March quarter
- The bank reported a loss of Rs.7,718 cr as it is hurt by higher provisions for bad loans.
- Gross bad loans as a percentage of total loans is at 10.91%.
2. China to slash import duty on cars
- China will slash the duty to 15% from the current 25%.
- The import duty on car parts will be reduced to 6%.
3. Sony becomes largest music publisher
- Sony would gain control of EMI Music Publishing by paying $2.3 bn.
- The deal will give Sony a catalogue of 2 million songs.
4.BoB launches MSME factory in Gurgaon
- State-owned Bank of Baroda(BoB) today launched its first integrated SME Loan Factory in Gurgaon to cater the needs of MSME segment in the NCR.
- This integrated SME Loan Factory will function as a ‘One Stop Shop’ for MSME customers with competent staff and simplified processes
1. Supernovas beat Trailblazers in one-off
- Harmanpreet-led Supernovas defeated Mandhana-led Trailblazers in the one-off IPL-like women’s match.
- Mithali Raj, Danielle Wyatt and Ellyse Perry were a part of the Supernovas.
2. Lionel Messi wins European Golden Shoe for the fifth time
- Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has won the European Golden Shoe for the fifth time.
- The Argentina international claimed the prize after scoring 34 goals in La Liga this season, helping his club to a 25th league win.
3.Nadal wins eighth Rome Masters title after stunning comeback
- Nadal won the Rome Masters for the eighth time, defeating Zverev 6-1, 1-6, 6-3
- Nadal remains the best clay-courter of the Open Era with an astonishing 408-36 record
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15