Daily Current Affairs 22 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Shri Vishwakarma Skill University
- PM Modi has laid The foundation stone of Shri Vishwakarma Skill University at Dudhola (village) in Palwal from Sultanpur in Gurugram district.
- It is of 1000 crore in budget and will impart skill training to the youth and encourage self-employment.
2. ‘Bhudaar’ Portal
- Andhra Pradesh Govt. has launched a web portal named ‘Bhudaar’ Portal.
- It is an 11-digit unique identification code assigned to each agriculture land holding and rural and urban properties in the state.
3. India’s first ‘Justice City’
- Andhra Pradesh is building India’s first ‘Justice City’ within the capital Amaravati.
- The aim is to provide a state-of-the-art ecosystem built on latest technology for supporting the judicial system in the state.
4. ‘Waste to Art’ museum – First International Public Art Symposium (IPAS)
- ‘Waste to Art’ museum was inaugurated by CM Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar.
- The First International Public Art Symposium was jointly organised by the Artist Network Promoting Indian Culture ,Bhubaneswar Development Authority and the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation.
- It is the first open-air museum of waste-to-art.
1. New President of Interpol
- Kim Jong-yang (South Korea) has been elected as the new President of Interpol.
- He will replace Meng Hongwei.
- The International Criminal Police Organization, more commonly known as Interpol, is the international organization that facilitates international police cooperation.
2. Prime Minister of Fiji
- Incumbent Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama was sworn in for a second time as Prime Minister of Fiji.
- Capital: Suva || Currency: Fijian dollar || Continent: Oceania
3. World Television Day
- The 23rd annual World Television Day was observed on November 21.
- It came to its inception in December 1996 by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
4. 27th BASIC Ministerial Meeting
- The 27th BASIC Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change was concluded in New Delhi.
- The BASIC countries comprise Brazil, South Africa, India and China.
1. WhatsApp’s first India head
- WhatsApp has appointed ‘Abhijit Bose’ as its first India head for WhatsApp.
- Abhijit Bose is the Co-founder and CEO of merchant payments platform Ezetap.
2. UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador
- Millie Bobby Brown has been named as the UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador (youngest-ever).
- Millie Bobby Brown is an English actress and model. She rose to prominence for her role as Eleven in the Netflix science fiction drama series Stranger Things, for which she earned a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series at age 13.
3. SoftBank’s New Head for India Operation
- SoftBank will appoint Sumer Juneja as its India head for the operation.
- He is currently an executive for American investment firm Norwest Venture Partners.
4. Goibibo’s New COO
- Vipul Prakash has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer Goibibo.
- This has been appointed by MakeMyTrip, The Parent Organisation of Goibibo.
1. Subroto Cup Football Tournament
- Bangladesh has clinched the 59th edition of the Subroto Cup International Football Tournament.
- Bangladesh has defeated Afghanistan to 1-0 in the final.
- The Tournament was held at Dr Ambedkar Stadium in New Delhi.
2. Acrobatic Gymnastics world cup
- FIG Acrobatic Gymnastics world cup was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- India won two bronze medals in the men’s and women’s group events.
3. 11,000-run milestone in Ranji Trophy
- Wasim Jaffer has become first Indian to achieve 11,000-run milestone in Ranji Trophy.
- The Ranji Trophy is a domestic first-class cricket championship played in India between teams representing regional and state cricket associations. The competition currently consists of 37 teams, with all 29 states in India and two of the seven union territories having at least one representation.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15