Daily Current Affairs 22 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.PM Modi inaugurates RORO ferry service in Gujarat.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the first phase of Ghogha-Dahej Roll on Roll off ferry service at Ghogha in Bhavnagar district in Gujarat.
- With the opening of this 615-crores rupees ferry service, the distance between Saurashtra and South Gujarat regions could be covered in less than an hour via sea route.
2.Academics to get sabbatical leave to begin startups in Kerala.
- Kerala government has given green signal to a proposal of the state Startup Mission to accord sabbatical leave to the faculty members of all colleges who intend to establish startup.
- The new initiative would help members of the academic community in the state to become part of entrepreneurship.
- Interestingly, Kerala is the India’s first digital state.
3.Global Ayurveda meet to be held in Kochi.
- The Kerala State government will organise an international seminar and Ayurveda expo in Kochi in February next year.
- The four-day seminar will showcase Kerala’s achievements in health tourism, healthcare and Ayurveda.
1.Want India to join BRI: China
- China has urged India to participate in its Belt and Road Initiative(BRI), saying that it is ready to to have in-depth communication to address the Indian concerns over the project.
- Previously India has refused to acknowledge the BRI over sovereignty and territorial concerns.
2.Adesina receives World Food prize 2017.
- Dr. Akinwumi Ayodeji Adesina, the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), will be recognized as the 2017 World Food Prize Laureate.
- Through his roles over the past two decades with the Rockefeller Foundation, at the newly established Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), and as Minister of Agriculture of Nigeria, Dr. Adesina has been at the forefront of galvanizing political will to transform African agriculture
3. World’s first floating wind farm begins generating power off Aberdeenshire coast
- The world’s first floating wind farm has started to supply electricity to the grid after being officially opened by Scotland’s First Minister.
- The project has been developed by Norwegian state energy company Statoil, with floating turbines installed on about 2.5 square miles (four sq km) of water in the North Sea, where the average wind speed is about 10 meters per second.
1.Maruti becomes No 1 exporter of persona vehicles from India.
- Maruti Suzuki India has become the largest passenger vehicles exporter from India in the first half of the ongoing fiscal.
- The company exports vehicles from its manufacturing plant at Talegaon in Maharashtra.
2.Hans Joachim receives Blue planet prize.
- Environmental scientist Hans Joachim Schellnhuber has received Blue Planet Prize, world’s most prestigious award for pioneers in environmental science.
- He has been awarded for establishing a new field of science, Earth System Analysis & introducing most influential concepts including the notion of tipping elements in the climate system.
1.Gaganjeet Bhullar clinches Macau Open Golf title.
- Gaganjeet Bhullar held his nerve to complete a wire-to-wire victory and lift his eighth Asian Tour title at the Macau Open.
- The 29-year-old fired rounds of 64, 65, 74 and 68 for an aggregate score of 13-under 271, lifting his first Asian Tour trophy of the year.
2.Mark Marquez wins Australia MotoGP.
- Marc Marquez extended his world championship lead to 33 points with a commanding victory in a feisty Australian MotoGP at Phillip Island.
- The victory extended Marquez’s lead on the world standings by a further 22 points over Andrea Dovizioso with two races remaining in Malaysia and Spain.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,22 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15