Daily Current Affairs 22 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Shimla to ‘Shyamala’
- Himachal Pradesh Govt. is planning to rename its capital Shimla to ‘Shyamala’.
- Capital: Shimla || Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur || Governor: Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki.
2. Police Commemoration Day
- Police Commemoration Day was observed on October 21.
- It is remembered for the sacrifices of ten policemen who died in Chinese firing in 1959.
3. India’s longest river bridge
- India’s longest river bridge(19.3 km) will be built on Brahmaputra river between Dhubri of Assam to Fulbarani of Meghalaya.
- At present, India’s largest river bridge is Dhola-Sadia bridge(9.15 km).
4. Women of India Organic Festival
- Women and Child Development Ministry will be organizing 5th edition of the Women of India Organic Festival at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, Janpath Road, New Delhi.
- The aim is to boost organic culture and promote Women Organic Farmers and Entrepreneurs.
1. Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty
- USA is going to withdraw from the ‘Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty’ with Russia.
- Acc. to Treaty, The elimination of short-range and intermediate-range nuclear and conventional missiles.
2. ‘Cope India’ Air Exercise
- It is the trilateral Military Exercise among India, USA and Japan.
- It is scheduled to be held in December 2018.
- It is a 7-year mission to Planet ‘Mercury’ and was launched by European and Japanese space agencies.
- It is of two satellites: Mercury Planetary Orbiter (MPO) and Mio (Mercury Magnetosphere Orbiter, MMO).
4. World’s longest sea bridge
- World’s longest sea bridge between China-Hong Kong will open on October 24.
- It is 55-kilometer-long bridge, situated in the Lingdingyang waters of the Pearl River Estuary.
1. Facebook’s New Head of Global Policy and Communications
- Facebook has appointed Former UK Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg as Head of Global Policy and Communications team.
- Prime minister: Theresa May || Capital: London || Currency: Pound sterling
2. Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2018 report
- Acc. to Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2018 report (UK), India is 9th most valuable nation.
- USA topped the list. China is on second place.
3. Forbes’ Global 2000 Best Employers List
- Larsen and Toubro has secured 22nd rank in the list and is the only firm to be featured among the top 25 companies.
- Google’s parent company Alphabet tops the list. Second position is occupied by Microsoft.
4. SBI Wealth Hub
- SBI has launched ‘Wealth Hub’ in Mangalore, Karnataka.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 July 1955
1. Japanese MotoGP World Championship
- Marc Marquez won MotoGP world champion in the Japanese MotoGP.
- Marc Márquez Alentà is a Spanish Grand Prix motorcycle road racer and one of the most successful motorcycle racers of all time with seven Grand Prix world championships to his name – five of which are in the premier MotoGP class.
2. Denmark Open
- DANISA Denmark Open 2018, was a badminton tournament which took place at Odense Sports Park in Odense, Denmark
- Saina Nehawal lost in final to Tai Tzu-ying(Taiwanese professional badminton player).
3. 1st player to score 400 goals across top-five European football leagues
- Cristiano Ronaldo has become the 1st player to score 400 goals across top-five European football leagues.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays as a forward for Italian club Juventus and the Portugal national team.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15