Daily Current Affairs 22 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Smart e-Public Distribution System
- Arunachal Pradesh Govt. has introduced ‘Smart e-Public Distribution System’.
- This will improve the efficiency in supplying commodities and necessities to the beneficiaries.
2. Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response
- ISRO will induct an Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER) in Ministry of Home Affairs.
- An MOU was signed for the same between Ministry of Home Affairs and ISRO.
3. Mizoram International Short Film Festival
- Mizoram International Short Film Festival (MISFF) has started in Aizawl, Mizoram.
- It was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Mizoram Lal Thanhawla.
4. India’s contribution in UN’s solar project
- India has contributed one million USD for UN’s solar project.
- the installation of solar panels will be done on rooftop of UN’s headquarters in New York.
- President Tran Dai Quang has died due to a serious illness.
- Đặng Thị Ngọc Thịnh is now the Acting president since 21 September 2018.
1. Death of Vietnam President
2. International Day of Peace
- International Day of Peace was observed on 21 September.
- Theme:- The Right to Peace – The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 70.
3. World Alzheimer Day
- World Alzheimer Day was observed on 21 September.
- Alzheimer’s is the most common cause of dementia, a general term for memory loss and other cognitive abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life.
4. 2018 Global Multidimensional Poverty Index
- 2018 Global Multidimensional Poverty Index was released by United Nations.
- Around 270 million people moved out of poverty in India since 2005-06.
1. Smita Patil Award
- Anushka Sharma has received Smita Patil Award.
- The award is presented during 34th anniversary of Priyadarshni Academy Global Award, in Mumbai.
2. India’s FY19 GDP
- Fitch stated India’s GDP growth forecast to 7.8% FY19 from 7.4% FY18 earlier.
- CEO: Paul Taylor || Founder: John Knowles Fitch
3. New Independent director of board of Air India
- D Purandeswari has been appointed as independent director in Air India Board.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founder: J. R. D. Tata || Parent organization: Air India Limited
4. Iconic Awards
- AirIndia has received the ‘Iconic Airline Award’ at Iconic Awards.
- Team #AirIndia was led by Commercial Director Shri. S S Uberoi.
1. Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018
- A R Rahman and Gulzar to create the Anthem for Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018.
- The 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup will be the 14th edition of the Hockey World Cup field hockey tournament. It is scheduled to be held from 28 November to 16 December 2018, at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India.
2. Yashvir Singh passes away
- Yashvir Singh was India’s national wrestling coach during 2008 Beijing Olympics when Sushil Kumar won the bronze medal.
- He was awarded ‘Coach of the Year’ award by the International Wrestling Federation.
3. World wrestling championship (Junior)
- Anshu Malik won bronze at the junior World wrestling championship.
- The junior World wrestling championship is being organised in Trnava, Slovakia.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15