Daily Current Affairs 22nd 23rd May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22nd 23rd May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22nd 23rd May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22nd 23rd May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘SUKOON – COVID-19 Beat the Stress’ Initiative
- Jammu & Kashmir Government has launched ‘SUKOON – COVID-19 Beat the Stress’ initiative.
- Lieutenant Governor Jammu and Kashmir: Girish Chandra Murmu.
2. Rajiv Gandhi Kisaan Nyay Yojana
- Chhattisgarh Government has launched ‘Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana’.
- Aim: To inject Rs 5100 crore into the Chhattisgarh’s rural economy by directly transferring the grant amount into the farmers’ accounts via Direct Benefit Transfer.
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.
1. RBI Bi-monthly Monetary Policy
- The Repo Rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) has been reduced by 40 basis points from 4.40% to 4.00%.
- Policy Repo Rate : 4.00%
- Reverse Repo Rate : 3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate : 4.25%
- Bank Rate : 4.25%
- CRR : 3%
- SLR : 18.00%
2. Small Industries Development Bank of India with Uttar Pradesh Government
- Small Industries Development Bank of India with Uttar Pradesh Government has joined hands to set-up ‘UP Start-up Fund’ with a initial contribution of Rs 15 crore.
- Small industrial Development Bank of India is a development financial institution in India, headquartered at Lucknow and having its offices all over the country.
- Headquarters location: Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Agency executive: : Mohammad Mustafa, (Chairman and Managing Director)
- UP Governor: Anandiben Patel.
1. Flipkart with Bajaj Allianz
- Flipkart has partnered with Bajaj Allianz for digital motor cover.
- Flipkart: Founded: October 2007 || CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy || Headquarters: Bangalore
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance is a private general insurance company in India. The company is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited owned by the Bajaj Group of India and Allianz SE, a German financial services company.
2. KKR to invest in Jio
- USA Private Equity firm KKR will invest 1.5 billion USD in Reliance Jio for a 2.32% stake.
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co is an American global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and, through its strategic partners, hedge funds.
1. Chief Economist of World Bank Group
- World Bank Group has appointed Carmen Reinhart as its new Vice President and Chief Economist.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || President: David Malpass
1. International Day for Biological Diversity
- The International Day for Biological Diversity is a United Nations–sanctioned international day for the promotion of biodiversity issues. It is currently held on May 22.
- The International Day for Biological Diversity falls within the scope of the UN Post-2015 Development Agenda’s Sustainable Development Goals.
2. World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is observed on 21 May by UNESCO.
- UNESCO: Director-General: Audrey Azoulay. || headquarters: Paris, France.
3. International Tea Day
- International Tea Day is observed annually on May 21, according to the United Nations.
- The concerning resolution was adopted on December 21, 2019 and calls on the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization to lead the observance of the Day.
Agreements and MoUs
1. NTPC Limited with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- NTPC Limited with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited have signed an MoU to form a Joint Venture Company for Renewable Energy business.
- CMD of NTPC Limited: Gurdeep Singh.
- CMD of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited: Shashi Shanker.
2. Airtel Africa with UNICEF
- UNICEF and Airtel Africa has partnered to support children & families affected by COVID-19 in Africa Continent.
- UNICEF: Headquarters: New York || Head: Henrietta H. Fore