Daily Current Affairs 22nd July 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22nd July 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22nd July 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22nd July 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Rajasthan’s Legislative Assembly Approves Minimum Income Bills
- Rajasthan’s state assembly has given its approval to the ‘Rajasthan Minimum Guaranteed Income Bill, 2023.’ This landmark bill aims to provide a guaranteed salary or pension for every adult resident of the state.
- Shanti Dhariwal, the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, highlighted the bill’s unparalleled historical importance. It promises employment for 125 days every year and pledges a minimum pension of Rs 1,000 per month to all households, regardless of whether they are urban or rural.
2. Ground Water Legislation Enacted in 21 States and Union Territories
- The Union Ministry of Jal Shakti made an announcement on July 20, 2023, stating the successful implementation of the Ground Water Act across 21 states and union territories in India.
- Due to the act’s provisions, tap water is now accessible in 60% of rural homes, particularly in areas where the majority of the population belongs to the Scheduled Caste community.
3. Indian Navy Introduces the Second Edition of “G20 THINQ” Quiz
- The Indian Navy and NWWA, with the support of the G20 Secretariat, have launched the second edition of the “G20 THINQ” quiz.
- This program aims to gather young talents from different corners of the globe, cultivating lasting connections under the principle of ‘Vasudaiva Kutumbakam’ – viewing the entire world as a single family.
4. Indian Navy and Ministry of Culture Collaborate to Revitalize the Tankai Method
- An MoU has been signed between the Ministry of Culture and the Indian Navy. The primary objective of this collaboration is to preserve and revitalize the ancient shipbuilding technique known as the ‘Tankai method’ or ‘stitched shipbuilding method,’ which has a history that spans over two millennia.
- This unique method provides ships with enhanced durability and flexibility, significantly reducing the chances of damage when encountering shoals and sandbars.
5. Nirmala Sitharaman Inaugurates GST Bhawan in Agartala
- The Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, unveiled the ‘GST Bhawan’ situated in Agartala, Tripura’s capital.
- Located on Mantri Bari Road in Agartala, the primary aim of the GST Bhawan is to offer efficient and prompt services to taxpayers. Its strategic location near the new Agartala Airport complex further facilitates this.
Important Days News
6. Celebrating National Mango Day 2023
- The National Mango Day is celebrated annually on July 22.
- The inception of the International Mango Festival is credited to a 1987 initiative by the National Horticulture Board of India. This event was organized to pay tribute to the beloved fruit, mango.
7. Recognizing World Brain Day 2023
- World Brain Day, also known as International Brain Day, is a global health event celebrated every year on July 22.
- For the past nine years, this event has consistently drawn attention to the urgent need for increased awareness regarding neurological disorders. Numerous global and local entities come together on this day to advocate for improved healthcare, education, and research focused on neurological ailments.
8. Observance of Income Tax Day or Aaykar Diwas 2023
- Every year, July 24 is designated as Income Tax Day or ‘Aaykar Diwas’ by the Income Tax department. This day commemorates the introduction of income tax provisions in India.
- Introduced in 1860 by Sir James Wilson, this measure was a response to the economic repercussions of the first war of independence. This year marks the 163rd anniversary of Income Tax Day.
10. Shah Rukh Khan Named Brand Ambassador for ICC World Cup 2023
- Bollywood superstar, Shah Rukh Khan, has been announced as the official brand ambassador for the ICC World Cup 2023. He unveiled the World Cup 2023’s campaign, ‘It takes one day,’ with his characteristic voiceover.
- The upcoming World Cup, which India will host from October 5 to November 19, 2023, will see India’s inaugural match against Australia on October 8. A significant fixture against Pakistan is scheduled to be held at Ahmedabad’s Narendra Modi Stadium on October 15.
11. UNDP India and Absolute Collaborate to Enhance PMFBY
- The UNDP and the bioscience company, Absolute, have signed an MoU to fortify India’s flagship initiative, the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), with the aim of enhancing the resilience of Indian farmers.
- This collaboration seeks to address the numerous challenges that Indian farmers face, such as unpredictable weather, pest infestations, erratic rainfall, and humidity. These factors often lead to reduced crop yields and income.
12. JKRLM Secures SKOCH Gold Award
- The Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihood Mission (JKRLM) has been bestowed with the prestigious SKOCH Gold Award, falling under the theme “State of Governance India 2047.”
- This award stands as a testament to JKRLM’s dedication to enhancing livelihoods and empowering grassroots communities. This recognition is the organization’s first since its inception.
13. Indianorigin Physician Ascends as Chairman of International Myeloma Foundation
- Dr. S. Vincent Rajkumar, a renowned scientist and researcher, has been selected as the chairman-elect of the International Myeloma Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- He will succeed Brian G.M. Durie, the current chairman and co-founder who has held the position for an impressive 33 years. Dr. Rajkumar is set to assume the role after Dr. Durie’s decision to not seek reelection, with his term ending in spring 2024.
Science and Technology News
14. HCLTech Collaborates with XR Startup Programme, Supported by MeitY and Meta
- Global IT giant, HCL Tech, has entered into a collaboration with the XR Startup Program. This initiative is a joint effort between Meta and the MeitY Startup Hub, aiming to promote and support extended reality (XR) tech startups in India.
- HCL Tech has shown commitment to nurturing a robust ecosystem for Indian startups, allowing them to spearhead and introduce innovations in vital sectors like education, healthcare, and agriculture.</ li>