Daily Current Affairs 22nd June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22nd June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22nd June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22nd June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. RBI Central Board
- Government of India has re-nominated Chairman of the Tata Group Natarajan Chandrasekaran as a part-time non-official director on the RBI’s Central Board.
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran is an Indian businessman, and who was recent chairman of Tata Sons. He was Chief operating officer and executive director of Tata Consultancy Services, where in 2009, he became Chief executive officer. He was also the chairman of Tata Motors and Tata Global Beverages.
1. The Most Valuable Firm globally by Market-Cap
- The Most Valuable Firm globally by Market-Cap: Saudi Aramco
- Reliance at 57th position is the only Indian company is featuring in the top 100 list of most valued global companies.
- Tata Consultancy Services ranked at 104th position.
- HDFC Bank is at 149th position.
2. Largest holder of US Govt securities
- India is the 12th largest holder of US Government Securities by holding worth $157.4 billion.
- Top Three:
- 1. Japan
- 2. China
- 3. UK
3. Top 10 billionaires
- Jeff Bezos- $160.1 billion
- Bill Gates- $108.7 billion
- Bernard Arnault & family- $103.2 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg- $87.9 billion
- Warren Buffett- $71.4 billion
- Steve Ballmer- $68.9 billion
- Larry Ellison- $68.9 billion
- Amancio Ortega- $65.8 billion
- Mukesh Ambani- $64.6 billion
- Larry Page- $64.3 billion
- Mukesh Ambani has become the ninth-richest billionaire globally on the Forbes Real-time Billionaires List.
4. Small Business Day by Amazon
- Amazon will host the 3rd edition of its sale event Small Business Day (SBD) 2020 on June 27.
- Aim: To help small businesses, artisans, weavers, micro-entrepreneurs and start-ups.
1. Director of the National Science Foundation
- Indian-American scientist Dr Sethuraman Panchanathan has been appointed as the Director of the National Science Foundation, USA.
- The National Science Foundation is an independent agency of the United States government, that supports fundamental research and education in all the non-medical fields of science and engineering. Its medical counterpart is the National Institutes of Health.
1. International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice
- International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice is observed on 21st June.
- Aim: To spread awareness about solstices and equinoxes.
2. World Music Day
- World Music Day is observed globally on 21st June .
- World Music Day, is an annual music celebration that takes place on 21 June. On Music Day the citizens of a city or country are allowed and urged to play music outside in their neighborhoods or in public spaces and parks.
3. World Hydrography Day
- The International Hydrographic Organization and its international members celebrate World Hydrography Day every year on June 21.
- Theme: ‘Hydrography enabling autonomous technologies’.
4. International Day of Yoga
- The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014.
- Theme: ‘Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home’.
1. Player member to ITF World Tennis Tour Player Panel
- Indian Tennis Player Niki Poonacha has been elected as a player member to ITF World Tennis Tour Player Men’s panel.
- International Tennis Federation: President and CEO: David Haggerty || Headquarters: London.