Daily Current Affairs 22nd October 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22nd October 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22nd October 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 22nd October 2023 Current affairs test.
National & International Appointments
1. Kotak Mahindra Bank appoints Ashok Vaswani as new CEO
- At 63 years old, Ashok Vaswani is poised to become the CEO and Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank for a three-year term starting January 1, 2024.
- Vaswani will be the successor to Uday Kotak, who resigned as the bank’s MD in September of the current year.
- At present, Ashok Vaswani holds the presidency at Pagaya Technologies Ltd., a fintech firm based in the US and Israel specializing in artificial intelligence.
2. Today marks the celebration of International Stuttering Awareness Day for 2023
- Held annually on October 22, International Stuttering Awareness Day is dedicated to recognizing the struggles of individuals who stutter and fostering a society that is more understanding and inclusive.
- The 2023 theme is “One Size Does NOT Fit All,” underscoring the unique experiences of those who stutter.
3. Project Udbhav initiated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
- Rajnath Singh, the Defence Minister, has inaugurated Project Udbhav, an initiative aiming to blend ancient knowledge with the current teaching methods in the military.
- The Indian Army and the United Service Institution of India are collaborating on this project.
- Project Udbhav is designed to infuse the modern military practices with India’s historic strategic insights.
4. Tamil Nadu commences ‘Project Nilgiri Tahr’
- The initiative for wildlife preservation, ‘Project Nilgiri Tahr,’ was inaugurated in Chennai by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, M.K. Stalin.
- The Nilgiri Tahr, an at-risk species native to the Western Ghats, has been historically mentioned in Sangam Tamil literature.
- The project is funded with ₹25 crore to support conservation efforts.
5. Bust of Mahatma Gandhi unveiled by S Jaishankar in Vietnam
- During his visit to Vietnam, External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar revealed a bust of Mahatma Gandhi in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Additionally, Jaishankar engaged with Vietnamese leaders.
- The visit underscored the reinforcement of the two nations’ ties and celebrated the legacy of Mahatma Gandhi and Rabindranath Tagore.
Honours & Awards
6. Dhordo in Gujarat receives UNWTO’s Best Tourism Village 2023 accolade
- The UN World Tourism Organization has recognized Dhordo Village, located in Gujarat’s Kutch region, as the ‘Best Tourism Village.’
- Dhordo joins an exclusive group of 70 villages across about 40 countries bestowed with this distinction.
- The recognition came during the UNWTO’s Best Tourism Village – 2023 award ceremony in the ancient city of Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
7. “Kasturi Cotton Bharat” website launched by Union Minister Piyush Goyal
- Shri Piyush Goyal, Union Minister for Textiles, Commerce & Industry, and Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, inaugurated the Kasturi Cotton Bharat initiative’s website at https://kasturicotton.texprocil.org.
- The website serves as a digital hub, offering up-to-date information on the initiative and detailing the registration process for ginners. It also highlights the unique processes that distinguish the Kasturi Cotton Bharat brand of Indian cotton.