Daily Current Affairs 23rd-24th March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd-24th March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd-24th March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd-24th March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Sanitary Personnel as ‘Cleanliness Workers’
- Tamil Nadu Government has declared that Sanitary Personnel in the State will from now on be called ‘Cleanliness Workers’ to honour their work.
- Governor– BanwarilalPurohit
1. First state to impose curfew amid COVID-19
- Punjab has become first state to impose curfew amid COVID-19.
- Governor of Punjab: VP Singh Badnore.
1. Covid-19 Emergency Credit Line (CECL)
- SBI has opened an emergency credit line ‘Covid-19 Emergency Credit Line (CECL)’ to meet any liquidity mismatch for its borrowers.
- SBI: Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
2. Moratorium on EMIs for at least 3 months
- Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC) has requested RBI and the Government to announce a moratorium on EMI payment for at least a three months.
- Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) is an apex-level body constituted by the government of India. The idea to create such a super regulatory body was first mooted by the Raghuram Rajan Committee in 2008. Finally in 2010, the then Finance Minister of India, Pranab Mukherjee, decided to set up such an autonomous body dealing with macro prudential and financial regularities in the entire financial sector of India.
1. Production Incentive Scheme for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing
- Government of India has approved Production Incentive Scheme for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing.
- Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters Scheme for development of world class infrastructure along with common facilities and amenities through Electronics Manufacturing Clusters.
2. Netflix’s Fund for film and TV workers
- Netflix has announced the formation of $100 million fund to help workers on film and television productions.
- It is for those who have been impacted due to the global coronavirus outbreak.
- Netflix, Inc. is an American media-services provider and production company headquartered in Los Gatos, California, founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California.
- CEO of Netflix: Reed Hastings.
1. World Water Day
- World Water Day is observed annually on 22nd March to raise awareness about the importance of freshwater.
- Theme: ‘Water and Climate Change’.
2. World Meteorological Day
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated on 23rd March every year.
- The date of the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization in 23 March 1950 has been named World Meteorological Day.
- The day also highlights the contribution that National Meteorological and Hydrological Services make to the safety and well-being of society.
- Theme: ‘Climate and Water’.
- World Meterological Organisation Head Quarters- Switzerland, Geneva.
3. Martyrs Day
- March 23 is observed as Martyrs Day (Shaheed Diwas or Sarvodaya Day).
- It is to pay tribute on death anniversary of the freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru.
4. World Tuberculosis Day
- World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year, is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis and efforts to eliminate the disease.
- Theme: ‘It’s TIME’.
1. MR Viswanthan passes away
- Veteran Tamil Director MR Viswanthan has passed away.
- MeenakshisundaramRamasamyViswanthan, best known by his stage name Visu, was an Indian writer, director, stage, film and television actor and talk-show host. Visu initially worked as an assistant to director K. Balachander until becoming a director himself.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. World Happiness Report 2020
- India has been ranked 144th in the World Happiness Report 2020 by UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
- Finland has been named the world’s happiest country.
- Top Three:
- 1. Finland
- 2. Denmark
- 3. Switzerland
1. PK Banerjee passes away
- Legendary India footballer PK Banerjee passed away.
- PK Banerjee was the 1962 Asian Games gold-medallist. Besides winning the gold medal at the Jakarta Asian Games in 1992, Banerjee led India in the 1960 Rome Olympics.