Daily Current Affairs 23 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Forest cover grew 6,700 km
- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala have made considerable contribution.
- The total forest and tree cover in India is 24.39% of country’s geographic area.
2. Flyers to pay GST at Delhi Airport
- International flyers will have to pay GST at Delhi duty-free shops as they fall within Indian territory.
- Initially, they were exempt from central sales tax and VAT.
3. Vice-President rejected impeachment motion against Dipak Misra
- Rajya Sabha Chairman Venkaiah Naidu rejected the impeachment motion against CJI.
- Congress along with 6 other opposition parties decided to impeach the CJI for misuse of power.
4. Madras HC introduces e-court fee payment
- This is the 8th court in the country to introduce e-court fee payment facility.
- People can now pay the court fees from anywhere.
1. Michael Bloomberg pledges towards Paris accord
- Michael Bloomberg promised USD 4.5 mn to the Paris climate deal to overcome US’ commitment.
- US is the only country to have pulled out of the deal.
2. Modi, Xi to hold informal talks
- The talks will be held in Wuhan on April 27-28.
- The countries decided to improve relations and scale down tensions post standoff in Doklam.
3. India to join club of 8 countries having Sex Offender database
- The database will help to monitor and track those convicted of such crimes.
- The data will be shared with States and Union Territories regularly.
4. World Book and Copyright Day observed today
- The World Book capital for 2018 is Athens, Greece.
- 23rd April is the symbolic date for world literature indicating birth ordeath of many famous writers.
1. Ambani among world’s greatest leaders
- Mukesh Ambani is ranked 24 by the Fortune magazine among the World’s Greatest Leaders of 2018.
- Notably, Bill and Melinda Gates were ranked at 2.
2. TCS among most valuable companies
- TCS ranks 97th in the list of world’s 100 most valued companies.
- This comes after its market cap crossed $100 bn.
3. Deposits in Jan Dhan accounts cross Rs.80,000 cr
- Significant number of people joined the flagship financial inclusion programme since March 2017.
- The deposits witnessed a rise post demonetisation.
4. ICICI Bank launches digital forms
- This will enable to open current accounts in a span of few hours.
- The KYC documents can be verified instantly by capturing information real-time.
1. Sportsmen to have 2% quota in govt jobs
- Telangana CM K ChandrasekharRao announced the quota for state govt jobs.
- Currently, 2% seats are reserved for sportspersons in educational institutions.
2. Gowtham rescues RR in last-over
- Krishnappa Gowtham slammed 33 off 11 balls .
- He smashed 2 sixes and 4 fours.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15