Daily Current Affairs 23rd April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Lebanon legalizes cannabis farming
- Lebanon has legalized cannabis farming for medicinal use.
- Lebanon: Capital: Beirut || Currency: Lebanese pound.
1. Paytm Payments Bank with Master Card
- Paytm Payments Bank has drafted partnership with Mastercard to issue virtual and physical debit cards.
- MD and CEO of Paytm Payments Bank Ltd: Satish Kumar Gupta.
- Mastercard: CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga
Science and Technology News
1. Saiyam Mobile App
- Pune Municipal Corporation has developed ‘Saiyam’ App to effectively track the home-quarantine citizens.
- Pune is a sprawling city in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. It was once the base of the Peshwas (prime ministers) of the Maratha Empire, which lasted from 1674 to 1818. It’s known for the grand Aga Khan Palace, built in 1892 and now a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, whose ashes are preserved in the garden. The 8th-century Pataleshwar Cave Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
2. Aayu&SehatSathi App
- Rajasthan Government has launched ‘Aayu&SehatSathi’ App to consult doctors online and place orders for their medicine requirement.
- Rajasthan: Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot || Governor: Kalraj Mishra.
1. Huawei India CEO
- Huawei India has appointed David Li as its Chief Executive Officer.
- Huawei Telecommunications: Headquarters: Shenzhen, China || CEO: Ren Zhengfe
2. IMMA New President
- Bajaj Auto Executive Director Rakesh Sharma has been appointed as the President of International Motorcycle Manufacturers Association (IMMA).
- International Motorcycle Manufacturers Association (IMMA) is a Geneva based association which represents the manufacturing industry of powered two-wheelers at the global level.
- Bajaj Auto: CEO: Rajiv Bajaj || Head quarters :Pune || Rahul Bajaj (Chairman)
1. World Book and Copyright Day
- World Book Day, also known as World Book and Copyright Day, or International Day of the Book, is an annual event organized by the UNESCO on 23rd April to promote reading, publishing, and copyright.
- Kuala Lumpur has been officially recognised as this year’s UNESCO’s World Book Capital (KLWBC 2020), with an online launch celebration on April 23.
- Audrey Azoulay, Director General of UNESCO sums up the theme of 2020 through these words; “Books have the unique ability both to entertain and to teach. They are at once a means of exploring realms beyond our personal experience through exposure to different authors, universes and cultures, and a means of accessing the deepest recesses of our inner selves.”
1. BMW Group India President & CEO passes away
- BMW Group India President & CEO Rudratej Singh has passed away.
- BayerischeMotorenWerke AG, translated in English as Bavarian Motor Works, commonly referred to as BMW, is a German multinational company which produces luxury vehicles and motorcycles.
Agreements and MoUs
1. TCS with Telangana State Council of Higher Education
- TCS has partnered with the Telangana State Council of Higher Education to prepare college students for future job readiness.
- TCS: CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan || Headquarters: Mumbai.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Press Freedom Index
- India has been ranked at 142nd position among 180 countries in the Global Press Freedom Index by Paris-based Reporters Sans Frontieres (RSF).
- No murders of journalists in India in 2019, as against six in 2018.
- Norway has topped the Global Press Freedom Index.
- China has been ranked at 177th position and North Korea is at 180th.
2. Microsoft’s AI application award
- UST Global has won 2020 the Most Innovative AI (Artificial Intelligence) Application Award for Societal Impact.
- Microsoft: CEO: Satya Nadella || Headquarters: Washington, United States || Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
3. William E. Colby Award
- Adam Higginbotham has won William E. Colby Award for his book ‘Midnight in Chernobyl’.
- Adam Higginbotham writes for The New Yorker, The New York Times Magazine, Wired, GQ, and Smithsonian. The author of Midnight in Chernobyl, he lives in New York City.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,23rd April