Daily Current Affairs 23 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Broadcasting Day
- National Broadcasting day is celebrated on 23rd July every year.
- On this day in 1927, the first ever radio broadcast in India aired from Bombay Station under Indian Broadcasting Company.
- ‘BhabhaKavach’ is indigenously produced lightweight Bullet Proof Jacket and is developed jointly by Ordnance Factories Board and public sector metals and metal alloys manufacturer MIDHANI.
- ‘BhabhaKavach’ was launched at the International Police Expo 2019 in New Delhi.
- It can withstand bullets from an AK-47 assault rifle (7.62 mm hard steel core bullets), and the 5.56 mm INSAS rifle.
3. Various Space Mission Tentative Dates by ISRO
- Gaganyaan: First human space flight by India by the 75th anniversary of Independence in 2022
- Aditya L1: Solar mission is scheduled for launch in 2020 to study Corona of Sun.
- Mission to Venus: Expected in 2023 to study the atmosphere and surface topography of Venus.
4. Sagar Maitri Mission-2
- INS Sagardhwani has embarked on a two-month-long Sagar Maitri Mission from Southern Naval Command in Kochi.
- Sagar Maitri Mission-2 is an initiative of DRDO to promote scientific interaction in ocean research among Indian Ocean Rim countries.
- INS Sagardhwani (A74) is a marine acoustic research ship owned by the Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory, a DRDO laboratory and is maintained and operated by the Indian Navy, and based at Southern Naval Command, Kochi.
1. Yukiya Amano passes away
- Yukiya Amano was a Japanese diplomat and the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- Yukiya Amano previously served as an international civil servant for the United Nations and its subdivisions.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons. The IAEA was established as an autonomous organisation on 29 July 1957.
2. New Prime Minister of United Kingdom
- Boris Johnson elected as the leader of Britain’s Conservative Party and also won the contest to be the New Prime Minister of United Kingdom.
- He will replace present Prime Miniser Theresa May.
3. India’s next Ambassador to Panama
- Upender Singh Rawat has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to Panama.
- Panama: Capital: Panama City || Currency: Panamanian Balboa.
4. World Brain Day
- World Brain Day is observed on July 22 by the World Federation of Neurology and International Headache Society.
- Theme: ‘Migraine: The Painful Truth’.
5. Pi Approximation Day
- Pi Approximation Day is observed on July 22 (22/7 in the day/month format).
- since the fraction 22⁄7 is a common approximation of π, which is accurate to two decimal places and dates from Archimedes.
1. Aerospace and Defence Company Lockheed Martin
- Lockheed Martin has signed MoUs with 3 Indian startups-Terero Mobility, Sastra Robotics and NoPo Nanotechnologies.
- The startups were identified under India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP).
- Lockheed Martin Corporation is an American global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies company with worldwide interests. It was formed by the merger of Lockheed Corporation with Martin Marietta in March 1995, and Loral Federal Systems in 1996.
2. New Chairman of Dabur India
- Amit Burman has been appointed as the new Chairman of Dabur India(FMCG).
- Dabur is one of the India’s largest Ayurvedic medicine & natural consumer products manufacturer. Dabur demerged its Pharma business in 2003 and hived it off into a separate company, Dabur Pharma Ltd.
3. DefExpo India-2020
- The 11th biennial edition of DefExpo India-2020 is scheduled to be held Lucknow in February 2020.
- Theme: ‘India – the Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’.
- Aim: Indian defence industry to showcase its capabilities and promote its export potential.
4. Walmart Labs’ New Initiatives
- Walmart Labs has acqui-hired health tech startup ‘FloCare’ and B2B wholesale trading platform BigTrade.
- Acqui-hiring or a talent acquisition, is the process of acquiring a company primarily to recruit its employees, rather than its products or services.
1. Mr. South Asia Title
- Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Kumar Malik has won Mr. South Asia title.
- The Event was held at 12th South Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship in Kathmandu.
2. Premier League Asia Trophy
- Wolverhampton Wanderers defeated Premier League champions Manchester City to win Premier League Asia Trophy 3-2 in a penalty shootout in Shanghai
- Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club, commonly known as Wolves, is an English professional football club in Wolverhampton, West Midlands.
- Manchester City Football Club is an English football club based in Manchester, that competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark’s, it became Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and Manchester City in 1894.
- Manchester City: Owner: City Football Group || Arena/Stadium: Etihad Stadium || Manager: Pep Guardiola || CEO: Ferran Soriano
3. Indonesia Open (Badminton)
- PV Sindhu won Silver medal after finishing second at the Indonesia Open.
- She was defeated by world number four Akane Yamaguchi of Japan.
- The 2019 Indonesia Open was a BWF World Tour 1000 event which took place at Istora Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta, Indonesia.
4. Chairman of Asian Boxing Confederation’s Competitions Commission
- Kishen Narsi has been appointed as the chairman of Asian Boxing Confederation’s Competitions Commission.
- The Asian Boxing Confederation (ASBC) is the Asian governing body in amateur boxing.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31