Daily Current Affairs 23 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India’s Biggest Solar Park
- NTPC will build India’s biggest solar park of 5GW in Gujarat.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
- Founded: 1975 || Headquarters: New Delhi, India || Owner: Government of India
2. Book ‘Being Gandhi’
- Book ‘Being Gandhi’ is authored by Paro Anand to mark 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Paro Anand is a Bal Sahitya Puraskar winner. She has written books for children, young adults and adults. She also works with children in schools and NGOs, through her program Literature in Action and holds a world record for helping over three thousand children make the world’s longest newspaper.
3. Right to access Internet
- Kerala High Court has held that ‘Right to access Internet’ is part of fundamental right to education and right to privacy under Article 21 of the Constitution.
- In 2016, the UN defined internet access as a human right, but some see it more as a privilege. More specifically, the U.N. report said that disconnecting people from the internet is a human rights violation.
4. Swachh Bharat World University
- Maharashtra Government will set up ‘Swachh Bharat World University’ in Wardha to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Wardha is a city and a municipal council in Wardha district in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
1. Acadmie des beaux-arts Photography Award
- Indian photographer Raghu Rai has been awarded as the first recipient of inaugural edition of ‘Acadmie des beaux-arts Photography Award – William Klein’.
- Raghu Rai is an Indian photographer and photojournalist. He was a protégé of Henri Cartier-Bresson, who appointed Rai, then a young photojournalist, to Magnum Photos in 1977. Rai became a photographer in 1965, and a year later joined the staff of The Statesman, a New Delhi publication.
- William Klein is an American-born French photographer and filmmaker noted for his ironic approach to both media and his extensive use of unusual photographic techniques in the context of photojournalism and fashion photography.
2. World’s op Oil Exporter
- USA has briefly overtaken Saudi Arabia and Russia to become the world’s Top Oil Exporter for the first time.
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean.
- Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC. Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture and on the west coast, Los Angeles’ Hollywood is famed for filmmaking.
3. General Conference of IAEA
- The 63rd Annual Regular Session of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) General Conference was held in Vienna, Austria with participation from 171 IAEA member states.
- The Indian delegation was led by Dr. K N Vyas, Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission
- The International Atomic Energy Agency is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons. The IAEA was established as an autonomous organisation on 29 July 1957.
- Headquarters: Vienna, Austria || Membership: 171 Member States || Founded: 1957 || Formation: 29 July 1957 || Type of business: International organization
4. PhD fellowships for ASEAN students
- India has launched an initiative to fund 1000 scholars from ASEAN countries to pursue PhD at IITs.
- It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of External Affairs and the Human Resource Development with an initial budget of Rs. 300 crore.
5. World Rose Day
- World Rose Day is observed on 22nd September for the welfare of cancer patients who are battling cancer.
- Cancer is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body.
1. Wipro Consumer Care–Ventures
- Wipro Consumer Care has launched ‘Wipro Consumer Care–Ventures’ which is a start-up venture fund to invest in start-ups in consumer brands space.
- WIPRO Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides information technology, consulting and business process services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. In 2013, Wipro separated its non-IT businesses and formed the privately owned Wipro Enterprises.
- CEO: Abidali Neemuchwala || Founder: M.H. Hasham Premji || Owner: Azim Premji
2. Digital Payment Abhiyan
- Data Security Council of India (Nasscom’s DSCI) has collaborated with Ministry of Electronics and IT and Google India to launch nationwide awareness campaign ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’.
- Aim: To increase awareness about cashless payment, digital payments, online financial security etc.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation. NASSCOM initiated a program called ‘10000 Startups’ in 2013.
- Chairperson: Rishad Premji || Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1 March 1988 || Founders: Dewang Mehta, Nandan Nilekani
3. Max Bupa with Indian Bank
- Indian Bank has signed a Bancassurance agreement with Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited.
- Bancassurance is a relationship between a bank and an insurance company that is aimed at offering insurance products or insurance benefits to the bank’s customers. In this partnership, bank staff and tellers become the point of sale and point of contact for the customer.
- Indian Bank is an Indian state-owned financial services company established in 1907 and headquartered in Chennai, India.
- Indian Bank: Headquarters: Chennai || CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited is an Indian assurance firm and a joint venture between Max India Limited and Bupa Finance plc UK, established for the purpose of carrying on health insurance in business in India.
- Max Bupa: CEO: Ashish Mehrotra || Founded: 2008 || Parent organization: Max India Limited
4. Brand Ambassador of Madhya Pradesh
- Actor Govinda has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Madhya Pradesh to promote its traditions and tourist places.
- Madhya Pradesh: Governor: Lalji Tandon || Capital: Bhopal || Chief minister: Kamal Nath
1. Zhengzhou Open
- The Zhengzhou Open is a tournament for professional female tennis players played on outdoor hard courts. The event has been held in Zhengzhou, China.
- Winner: Karolina Pliskova of Czech
- Runner-up: Petra Martic of Croatia
2. Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships
- Commonwealth Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships 2019 is being held in St. John’s, Canada.
- Powerlifter Arthi Arun of India has won five gold medals in the Commonwealth Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships 2019.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,23 September
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30