Daily Current Affairs 23 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Cyclone Warning Centre
- Ministry of Earth Sciences is planning to set up a Cyclone Warning Centre in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Currently India Meteorological Department has six cyclone warning centres. These are at Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
2. Journalist Kuldip Nayar passes away
- PM,Modi condoled the passing away of veteran journalist and former Rajya Sabha member, Kuldip Nayar.
- He was also appointed as High Commissioner of India to the United Kingdom in 1990.
3. Uttarakhand HC banned animal sacrifices
- Uttarakhand HC banned animal sacrifices for Muslims, Hindus and followers of other religions in the state.
- Uttarakhand:- Capital – Dehradun || Chief Minister – Trivendra Singh Rawat
4. Exclusive Job Portal for chartered accountant
- ICAI will launch exclusive Job Portal for chartered accountant in India.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for regulating the profession in India.
1. World’s second fastest growing airport
- Kempegowda International Airport(Bengaluru) has emerged as the second fastest growing airport in the world.
- This is according to a Survey from Routesonline, a Global Airlines Event’s Organiser.
2. International Buddhist Conclave 2018
- President inaugurated “International Buddhist Conclave 2018”
- Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has decided to organize 6th International Buddhist Conclave on the theme of ‘Buddha Path–The Living Heritage’.
3. Fourth BIMSTEC summit
- Fourth BIMSTEC summit is going to happen at Kathmandu in Nepal on August 30 and 31.
- The BIMSTEC group was formed in 1997. Its members are: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka Myanmar and Thailand.
1. First Indian company to have Rs 8 lakh crore of market capitalisation
- Reliance Industries Limited has become first Indian company to cross Rs 8 trillion market capitalisation.
- It is an Indian conglomerate holding company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Reliance owns businesses across India engaged in energy, petrochemicals, textiles, natural resources, retail, and telecommunications.
2. Arun Jaitley resumes as Finance Minister
- Arun Jaitley has resumed as the Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs.
- Earlier Railways Minister Piyush Goyal held additional charges of the ministry.
3. WhatsApp with Fake News in India
- WhatsApp agreed to all demands of GOI except the one in which the source of message or the creator of the Messages’ Identity is to be revealed.
- WhatsApp will also set up a corporate entity in India and appoint grievance officer.
1. UEFA President’s Award
- David Beckham(England) will receive 2018 UEFA President’s Award.
- The UEFA President’s Award recognises outstanding achievements, professional excellence and exemplary personal qualities.
2. Asian Games 2018
- Shooter Rahi Sarnobat won Gold Medal in women’s 25m Pistol event at Asian Games 2018.
- Shardul Vihan(Shooting Men’s Double Trap event) won silver and Ankita Raina(Tennis) settled for bronze.
3. Men’s Hockey World Cup-2018
- Odisha will host Men’s Hockey World Cup-2018 for the First time.
- It will held from 28 November to 16 December 2018, at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15