Daily Current Affairs 23 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Union Government launches Ganga Gram Project
- The project was launched at the Ganga Gram Swachata Sammelan in New Delhi.
- The project aims at the development of villages situated on the banks of river Ganga with the active participation of villagers.
2. QRSAM successfully test fired
- Made-in-India Surface to air missile QRSAM was successfully test fired by the DRDO off the Odisha coast.
- It can destroy multiple targets at a distance of 25km in less than one minute.
3. Vijay Rupani remains Gujarat CM
- The BJP made an announcement that Vijay Rupani will remain as the CM and Nitin Patel will continue as Deputy CM.
- The party had won 99 seats of 181 in Gujarat.
4. Lalu Prasad Yadav convicted in fodder scam case
- The case refers to misappropriation of around Rs.90 lakh meant for buying fodder from the Deoghar Treasury between 1991 and 1994 in Bihar.
- He was found guilty in another fodder scam case in 2013.
1. Belgium to be first country to appoint female envoy to Saudi
- Belgium is expected to be the first country in this regard with the appointment of Dominique Mineur to the post.
- Women in Saudi aren’t allowed to marry, divorce or work without their male guardian’s permission.
2. India pledges $25 mn to develop Myanmar’s Rakhine State
- This comes after both nations signed an agreement on restoration of normalcy and development of the Rakhine State.
- The Myanmar Army’s crackdown on Rohingya militants in the State had caused over 6 lakh Rohingya refugees to flee to Bangladesh this year.
3. President Trump signs US’ biggest tax overhaul bill into law
- The tax reform is estimated to cost $1.5 trillion to the US economy.
- The legislation will nearly double the standard deduction for individuals and cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%.
4.UN to mark Mandela’s 100th birthday with a peace summit
- The UN General Assembly has decided to mark the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s birth by holding a high-level meeting focusing on world peace ahead of the annual gathering of world leaders in September 2018.
- A resolution adopted without a vote says the “Nelson Mandela Peace Summit” will include speeches by top UN officials, the chair of the African Union Commission and member states.
1. Banks lost Rs.17,000 cr to frauds in FY17 : Finance Ministry
- Union Minister Shiv Pratap Shukla said incidents of bank robbery, dacoity and burglary accounted to Rs.65.3 cr
- The ministry also revealed that fake new currency seized recently are scanned or photocopied notes.
2. Ripple crosses $1
- Cryptocurrency Ripple surges 22,900% this year.
- Ripple is the world’s 4th largest cryptocurrency with a market capitalisation of $52 bn.
3. Firms can use MRP stickers with revised GST rates till March
- The companies can paste price stickers on unsold packaged products to reflect new MRP post GST until March 2018.
- This comes after GST rates were reduced for 200 items in November.
1. Rohit has hit India’s highest ODI and T20I individual scores
- Rohit slammed 118 runs in the second T20I, overtaking Lokesh Rahul’s 110.
- In 2014, Rohit hit 264 against Sri Lanka, the highest individual score in ODI cricket.
2. Nadal pulls out of season opener in Abu Dhabi
- This comes due to lingering fitness concerns.
- The world no. 1 still plans on going for the 17th Grand Slam(Australian Open) of his career in Melbourne next month .
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 23 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15