Daily Current Affairs 23 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. The Sardar Patel Award for National Integration
- A new award named after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is instituted for outstanding efforts in the field of furthering national integration.
- Vallabhbhai Patel, popularly known as Sardar Patel, was an Indian politician. He served as the first Deputy Prime Minister of India.
2. Skoch Chief Minister of the Year 2018 Award
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee has been awarded with Skoch Chief Minister of the Year 2018 Award by the Skoch Group.
- Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu :- ‘SKOCH Sprinter of the Year’
3. Book :- ‘A Rural Manifesto – Realising India’s Future through her Villages’
- Book :- ‘A Rural Manifesto – Realising India’s Future through her Villages’ is authored by Varun Gandhi(BJP).
- Varun Gandhi is an Indian politician. He is a Member of Parliament for Lok Sabha from the Sultanpur constituency. He is also member and leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party and was inducted into Rajnath Singh’s team in March 2012 as General Secretary. Varun Gandhi is a member of the Nehru-Gandhi family.
4. Logistics Development Committee
- Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) has inducted a Logistics Development Committee.
- Chairmanship :- Dr. Bibek Debroy, Chairman EAC-PM.
1. Misperception Index
- According to the MORI Perils of Perception Survey 2018, India has perceived 12th on ‘misperception index’.
- Misperception index is based on questions which asked to people and it revealed the wide rift between what people perceived and what was real.
2. High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh
- Riva Ganguly Das has been appointed as the Next High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka || Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina || President: Abdul Hamid
3. Next Ambassador of India to Mongolia
- Mohinder Pratap Singh as the next Ambassador of India to Mongolia.
- Mongolia Capital: Ulaanbaatar || Currency: Mongolian togrog
1. Global SME Business Summit
- The 15th edition of Global SME Business Summit was held in New Delhi.
- It was organised by MSME Ministry and Confederation of Indian Industry with Government e-marketplace.
- Theme :- ‘Building Partnerships through Global Value Chains.’
2. India’s Forex Reserves
- India’s Forex Reserves has declined to USD 393.12 billion with a decrease of USD 613.9 million.
- In April, 2018, the reserves had summited a record high of USD 426.028 billion.
- The Foreign exchange reserves of India are India’s holdings of cash, bank deposits, bonds, and other financial assets denominated in currencies other than India’s national currency, the Indian rupee.
3. India’s stock market is 7th biggest in the world
- India’s stock market is 7th biggest in the world with m-cap of $2.1 trillion overtaking Germany.
- Top Rankings
- 1:- USA
- 2:- China
- 3:- Japan
- 4:- Hong Kong
- 5:- UK
- 6:- France
4. International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography
- International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography (ITCOocean) Complex has been constructed in the INCOIS campus at Hyderabad.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated ITCOocean and named the academic building as Atal Bhavan.
1. 2018 FIFA Club World Cup
- Real Madrid has defeated Al-Ain 4–1 in the final.
- Adidas Golden Ball :- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) || FIFA Fair Play Award :- Spain Real Madrid
2. I-League Football league
- The I-League is a men’s professional football league in India. For sponsorship reasons, the league is officially known as the Hero I-League. One of the top football leagues in the country, it currently shares the top spot in the Indian football system with the Indian Super League.
- Current champion: Minerva Punjab F.C. (1st title) || Number of teams: 11 || Most championships: Dempo (3 titles) || Founded: 2007 || Top goal scorer: Ranti Martins (214 goals)
3. FIFA Rankings
- Belgium has topped the rankings followed by France then Brazil.
- The Fédération Internationale de Football Association is an organization which describes itself as an international governing body of association football, fútsal, and beach soccer.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15