Daily Current Affairs 23 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Parivartan scheme launched in Haryana.
- CM of Haryana launched Parivartan scheme designed to address 10 issues, including cleanliness and pollution, in 46 developmental blocks of the state.
- The 10 issues include facilitate of financing, improving health services, implementing Swachh Bharat, checking air pollution, effective policing, engaging the youth, decongesting market areas, and ensuring road order and conduct.
2.Indo-Canada thoughts are similar on Maldives and N Korea.
- PM Modi said that both India and Canada had similar thoughts on the current situations in Maldives and N Korea.
- Earlier, India had expressed concerns over the crisis in Maldives and called upon the island nation to return to the ‘path of democracy’.
3.ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs.44 cr of Nirav Modi group.
- The Enforcement Directorate(ED) froze bank accounts with Rs.30 cr balance, shares worth Rs.13.86 cr held in a company of Nirav Modi.
- Earlier, ED has frozen shares and mutual funds worth Rs.94.52 cr belonging to Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi’s firms.
4.Gopalganj district has constructed record 11,000+ toilets in 100 hrs.
- Gopalganj district in Bihar has set a record by constructing 11,244 toilets in 100 hours.
- The previous record was set in March 2017 Andhra Pradesh’s Vizianagaram district, where 10,499 toilets were built in 100 hours.
1.NER’s 1st Regional Centre for Agriculture to be inaugurated in Mizoram.
- Mr. Daniel Carmon, Israeli Ambassador to India, has stated that a Centre for Agriculture, with the collaboration of Israeli expertise , is going to be inaugurated in Mizoram in March 2018.
- This will be the first such centre in the North-East Region of India that is being established with Israeli collaboration.
2.Global Passport Index released.
- According to the 2018 Global passport Index, S Korea and Singapore have the most powerful passports in the world with a visa-free score of 162. Germany and Japan ranked second, while UK and US ranked 4th and 5th respectively.
- With a visa-free score of 57, India has ranked 73rd, falling below Saudi Arabia and Zimbabwe. Afghanistan ranked last on the list.
3.New H-1B visa policy to affect Indian IT workers.
- US President Donald Trump’s administration has announced a new H-1B visa policy which is believed to affect the Indian IT companies and their employees.
- Under the new policy, H-1B visas will be issued to an employee only for the period for which he/she has work at a third party worksite.
4.MoU signed between India and International Developmental Research Centre(IDRC).
- An MoU has been signed, to usher the ‘programme based research support’, by Government of India and Canada’s International Developmental Research Center(IDRC).
- IDRC was founded in 1972 and Jean Lebel is the President of IDRC.
1.Two insurance companies are launched by Paytm.
- Digital payments startup Paytm has launched two insurance companies, Paytm Life Insurance and Paytm General Insurance.
- Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, CFO Madhur Deora, and Shankar Prasad Nath are the three signatory stakeholders in both the companies.
2.Another fraud of Rs.2 crore unearthed at PNB branch in Rajasthan.
- The CBI has now booked the manager of a PNB branch in Barmer, Rajasthan for allegedly cheating the bank over Rs.2 crore.
- The CBIs has registered two FIRs in the case.
3.India’s wilful defaulters owe over Rs.1.1 trillion to banks.
- According to an analysis of publicly available data, over 9,300 wilful defaulters in India owe more than Rs.1.1 trillion to banks.
- The debt of wilful defaulters has risen by 340% if compared with 2013.
4.Indian billionaires’ wealth equals 15% of GDP: Report.
- A report by charity group Oxfam has revealed, the total wealth of Indian billionaires is 15% of the country’s GDP.
- The report said that India ranks among the world’s most unequal countries because of lopsided policies of successive governments.
1.ICC approves T20 league in Canada.
- The International Cricket Council(ICC) has given the green light to Cricket Canada’s maiden venture ‘Global T20 Canada’, expected to be held in July this year.
- Four Canadian local players will be playing in every squad of the league.
2.Gibbs was first to slam 6 sixes in an over in international cricket.
- Herschelle Gibbs, former South African cricketer, who turns 44 today, became the first-ever batsman to slam six sixes in an over in international cricket, against Netherlands in 2007 World Cup.
- Gibbs hit consecutive sixes off spinner Daan van Bunge.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23