Daily Current Affairs 23 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First Humanoid Police Robot in India
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated India’s first Humanoid Police Robot named KP-BOT ranked as Sub-Inspector.
- The KP-Bot will be deployed to perform duties of the front office of the police headquarters
2. New Chairperson at IIT Kanpur
- K Radhakrishnan, has been nominated as the chairperson of the Board of Governors , IIT Kanpur.
- Koppillil Radhakrishnan (Instrumental behind Mars Mission (Mangalyan) and Chandrayan-1) is an Indian space scientist who headed the Indian Space Research Organisation between November 2009 and December 2014 as Chairman of Space Commission, Secretary of the Department of Space and Chairman of ISRO.
3. Waste to Wonder Park
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated ‘Waste to Wonder Park’ in New Delhi.
- Rajnath Singh is an Indian politician belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party who currently serves as the Home Minister. He previously served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and as a Cabinet Minister in the Vajpayee Government.
4. Energy and Environment – Challenges and Opportunities (ENCO-2019)
- The International Conference and Exhibition on Energy and Environment – Challenges and Opportunities (ENCO-2019) was inaugurated by the President Kovind in New Delhi.
- The need is to innovate new techniques, technologies and applications for clean, safe, symbiotic sustenance of society, environment, energy and industries in post-2020 era.
1. Seoul Peace Prize 2018
- Prime Minister Modi was awarded the Seoul Peace Prize 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and for fostering Global Economic Growth.
- PM Modi is the 14th recipient of the award with a cash prize of $200000.
- The Seoul Peace Prize was established in 1990 as a biennial recognition with monetary award to commemorate the success of the 24th Summer Olympic Games held in Seoul, Korea, an event in which 160 nations from across the world took part, creating harmony and friendship.
- The Seoul Peace Prize was established to reflect the wishes of the Korean people and to crystallize their desire for everlasting peace on earth. The nominating group consists of 500 Korean nationals, and 800 internationals. The awardee receives a diploma, a plaque and honorarium of US$200,000.
2. BioAsia global life sciences conference
- The 16th edition of BioAsia, the Annual Global Life Sciences Conference will happen in Hyderabad.
- Theme :- ‘Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption’.
- South Korea as the partner country with South Africa and Spain as international partners.
3. World Thinking Day
- World Thinking Day, formerly Thinking Day, is celebrated annually on 22 February by all Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
- It is also celebrated by Scout and Guide organisations and some boy-oriented associations around the world.
4. Asia’s first Same-sex marriage law
- Taiwan Govt. has drafted Asia’s first Same-sex marriage law as it was unveiled by the cabinet.
- President: Tsai Ing-wen || Capital: Taipei || Currency: New Taiwan dollar
1. Economic Times Global Business Summit
- The fifth edition of the two-day Economic Times Global Business Summit began in New Delhi.
- The Economic Times is an English-language, Indian daily newspaper published by the Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.. The Economic Times began publication in 1961. As of 2012, it is the world’s second-most widely read English-language business newspaper, after the Wall Street Journal, with a readership of over 800,000.
2. Top Employer of the Year
- TCS has been ranked as global Top Employer by the Top Employers Institute for the fourth year in a row.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited is an Indian multinational information technology service, consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is part of the Tata Group and operates in 46 countries. TCS is one of the largest Indian companies by market capitalization.
3. Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and University of British Columbia, Canada
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and University of British Columbia, Canada have signed an MoU in New Delhi.
- The Exchange of students, researchers, and faculty, developing research projects, livelihood opportunities and augment income of the forest-based communities.
4. World’s Most Innovative Company
- Meituan-Dianping of China has supressed Apple as the world’s most innovative company by American business magazine ‘Fast Company’.
- Fast Company has published its annual 50 most innovative companies in the world for 2019.
1. Vice-President of AHF
- Mushtaque Ahmad of India and Asima Ali of India were elected as the Vice-President and Executive Committee member of the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF).
- Mushtaque Ahmad is currently serving as the President of Hockey India
- Hockey India is the governing body of Hockey in India. It was formed after Indian Hockey Federation was dismissed in 2008 by IOA.
2. India is suspended from hosting Olympic-qualifying events
- India is suspended by International Olympic Committee from hosting Olympic-qualifying events in future.
- It comes after two Pakistani shooters were denied visas for ISSF Shooting World Cup, New Delhi.
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Created by Pierre de Coubertin and Demetrios Vikelas in 1894, it is the authority responsible for organising the modern summer and Winter Olympic Games.
3. New President of ‘Foundation Board for Better Boxing of AIBA’
- Ajay Singh was selected as the president of the Foundation Board for Better Boxing of AIBA (International Boxing Association).
- Ajay Singh is currently the president of the Boxing Federation of India.
- Indian Boxing Federation is the Indian national governing body for Olympic boxing and is the India’s member organization of the International Amateur Boxing Association. It is headquartered in New Delhi. This is currently suspended by the International Amateur Boxing Association.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,23 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28