Daily Current Affairs 23 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Made in India’ luxury trains to reduce travel time by 20%
- Two trains, called Train 18 and Train 20 have been designed by a Chennai factory and can run at a speed of up to 160 kmph.
- Train 18 is expected to be manufactured by June 2018.
2. Modi 1st Indian PM to address World Economic Forum in 20 yrs
- PM Modi addressed the Plenary Session at the World Economic Forum 2018 in Switzerland’s Davos becoming the 1st Indian PM to do so in 20 yrs.
- The last time an Indian PM visited the forum was Deve Gowda in 1997.
3. BJP ally Shiv Sena announces to contest 2019 elections alone
- Shiv Sena has announced that it would contest the Lok Sabha and Maharashtra Assembly elections scheduled for 2019 alone.
- Currently, the Maharashtra govt is being run by the coalition of BJP and Shiv Sena.
1. China invites Latin America to join Belt and Road initiative
- China has invited Latin America and Caribbean countries to join its Belt and Road initiative.
- China said that the region was a natural fit for the initiative which aims to connect Asia, Africa and Europe through a network of rail and sea projects.
2. Spain develops AI that can predict corruption in govt
- The AI system can predict the likelihood of corruption in a govt as well as the conditions that favour their appearance.
- The computer model based on neural networks claims that the probabilities of corruption increase when the same political party stays in power for more number of years.
3. US asks Pakistan to act against Taliban
- The US has asked Pak to arrest or expel Taliban leaders who are carrying out terror activities in Afghanistan after the group claimed the attack on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul.
- The US called on Pakistan to prevent the militant group from using its territory for terror activities.
1. Sensex, Nifty close above 36,000 and 11,000 for first time
- Sensex closed 341 points higher at 36,139.98 while Nifty rose 117 points to close at 11,083.70
- Nifty touched 10,000 for the first time on July 25 whereas Sensex reached 35,000 on Jan 17 this year.
2. US to overtake Saudi as 2nd biggest oil producer : Report
- The US’ output is expected to surge above the historic high of 10 million barrels per day rivalling the largest producer Russia.
- Russia produced around 10.9 million barrels a day in 2017.
3. Axis bank December quarter profit jumps 25%
- The profit grew by 25.3% year-on-year to Rs.726.4 cr.
- The net interest income a bank earns by giving loans grew by 9.2% to Rs.4,732 cr.
1. Sachin meets Indian women ahead of SA tour
- The team is scheduled to play 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is in South Africa.
- Sachin wished them ahead of their series.
2. Nadal out of Australian Open
- Rafael Nadal retired due to an injury after his quarter final against Croatia’s Marin Cilic.
- The Spaniard reached the final of the tournament last year.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15