Daily Current Affairs 23 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘JOYMATI BAHINI’
- ‘JOYMATI BAHINI’ is a dedicated RPF Women Squad which was inducted by Railway Protection Force of Lumding Division, Assam.
- The aim is to enhance the security of women in the North East region.
2. ‘Total Cleanliness Survey’ of the Railways
- Winner Zonal Rankings in the ‘Premium’ category trains :- North Western Railway
- Winner Zonal Rankings in the ‘Other than Premium’ category trains :- Southern Railway
- Most Cleaned Train :- Pune-Secunderabad Shatabdi Express
- This Survey’ was conducted by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.
3. Book ‘Universal Brotherhood Through Yoga”
- Book ‘Universal Brotherhood Through Yoga” was launched by VP Venkaiah Naidu.
- It is compiled by Bharatiya Sanskrit Pitham.
4. Flamingo festival
- The Flamingo festival has started at Pulicat Lake and Nellapattu in Sullurpet mandal, Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra Pradesh is a state bordering India’s south-eastern coast. Major cultural landmarks include Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, an ornate hilltop shrine to Hindu’s Vishnu, in the southern part of the state. It’s visited by tens of millions of pilgrims annually. The major northern port of Visakhapatnam has popular beaches like Ramakrishna and Rishikonda lining the Bay of Bengal, offering spots for swimming and surfing.
1. Indian Army military exercises with African nations
- Indian Army will held a joint exercise named ‘India-Africa Field Training’ with African nations in Pune.
- These African Nations are Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique and Uganda.
2. MOU between India and Sri Lanka
- India will provide modern infrastructural facilities to ‘Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies of Eastern University’ in Batticaloa district of Sri Lanka.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || President: Maithripala Sirisena
3. Global Talent Competitive Index (GTCI) 2019
- Global Talent Competitive Index (GTCI) 2019 was released by INSEAD business school in partnership with Tata Communications and Adecco Group.
- 1st Switzerland
- 2nd Singapore
- 3rd USA
- India has ranked at 80th on the Global Talent Competitive Index 2019 ranking.
- This Index shows how a country or city grows, attracts and retains a talent.
- Top-Ranked City :- Washington
4. Stats from China’s National Bureau of Statistics
- Acc. to Statistics from National Bureau of Statistics of China, China’s economy grew at 6.6% in 2018.
- It is slowest in almost 3 decades. The reason might be the effects of the current trade war with the US and declining exports.
1. ‘States of Growth 2.0’ Report
- Report named ‘States of growth 2.0’ is released by CRISIL.
- Bihar has topped the charts among 17 non-special states, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat.
- These 17 non-special states are selected in terms of GSDP growth in fiscal 2018.
2. Dell’s PolicyHack initiative in India
- Dell has launched an interactive hackathon under PolicyHack series for Teachers.
- The aim is to come up with solutions for problems faced by teachers inside and outside the classroom.
3. 2019 Edelman Trust Barometer report
- China has topped the Global Trust Index in both the informed public and the general population segments.
- India is at the 2nd place in the informed public segments and 3rd place in the general population segments.
4. Facebook’s Institute for Ethics in Artificial intelligence
- Facebook will create an independent Institute for Ethics in Artificial intelligence in collaboration with Technical University of Munich (TUM) in Germany.
- Facebook, Inc. is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
1. ICC Awards
- Virat Kohli has won Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy
- He was also named Test Player of the Year, ODI Player of the Year, named captain of the ODI Team of the Year and captain of the Test Team of the Year.
- Rishabh Pant was named the Emerging Cricketer of the Year.
- Kumar Dharmasena was named the Umpire of the Year
- Kane Williamson won the Spirit of Cricket award.
2. Dipa Karmakar’s Biography
- Book ‘The Small Wonder’ is the Biography of Gymnast Dipa Karmakar.
- It was launched by Sachin Tendulkar.
3. Raghbir Singh Bhola passes away
- Raghbir Singh Bhola was an Indian field hockey player who represented India in the 1956 Melbourne and 1960 Rome Olympics. Bhola retired from the Indian Air Force as a Group Captain and continued to stay involved in the sport of hockey.
- He was a member of the Indian team at Olympics—1956 and Olympics-1960, winning gold and silver respectively.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15