Daily Current Affairs 23 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. State Visit of Prime Minister to Rwanda, Uganda and South Africa
- Narendra Modi, will have a State Visit to Rwanda (23-24 July),Uganda (24-25 July) and South Africa (25-27 July).
- The first visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Rwanda and the first visit by our Prime Minister to Uganda in over 20 years. The visit to South Africa is in the context of BRICS Summit.
2. Kumbh Mela to be promoted globally
- The Government to globally promote the ‘49 day Kumbh Mela’ which is to begin in January 2019, inorder to attract foreign tourists.
- Launch of ‘Chalo Kumbh Chalo’ campaign across the country and Organising the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’, 2019 in Varanasi to attract ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Delegates’ to visit Kumbh, 2019.
3. Odisha Triennial of International Art (OTIA)
- Odisha to host the Odisha Triennial of International Art (OTIA) in December-January, India’s first private sector triennial.
- The events will take place in Bhubaneshwar, Puri and Konark.
4. A new MicroDot Technology
- Indian Government has announced the launch of a new MicroDot Technology that would help check on vehicle thefts.
- Thousands of small dots laser etched will be sprayed with a vehicle identification number on all over the vehicle’s body including its engine.
1. Law to legalise casino gambling in Japan
- Japan’s parliament passed a controversial law to legalise casino gambling.
- Life expectancy: 83.84 years (2015), Capital: Tokyo, Currency: Japanese yen, Population: 12.7 crores (2016)
2. London to be the ‘world’s most walkable city’
- Govt Official launched the ‘Walking Action Plan’ in a bid to make London the ‘world’s most walkable city’.
- This is is aimed at reducing air pollution and improving health of the people by making streets more pedestrian-friendly.
3. Telstar 19 Vantage satellite
- SpaceX launched the Telstar 19 Vantage satellite through it’s Falcon 9 rocket.
- This is the world’s heaviest commercial communications satellite, over 7,000 kg.
4. 4th BIMSTEC Summit
- The 4th BIMSTEC Summit will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The initiative is to increase connectivity between the BIMSTEC nations including roads, airways and transmission lines.
1. Fund transfer to own bank account with UPI banned
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has decided to block transactions made within the same account using different UPI IDs and this move will effective from August 1.
- This is to stop customers from making multiple and unnecessary transaction to get cashbacks.
2. NITI Aayog signs Statement of Intent (SoI) with Lupin Foundation
- NITI Aayog and Lupin Foundation to collaborate in Aspirational Districts Programme.
- The SoI was signed by Yaduvendra Mathur, Additional Secretary, NITI Aayog and Sita Ram Gupta, Executive Director, Lupin Foundation.
3. Visakhapatnam-Chennai Industrial Corridor
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved US $631 million, in loans and grants, for Corridor, comprising a Multi-tranche Financing Facility.
- The master planning of two nodes of Visakhapatnam-Chennai Industrial Corridor is under way namely (i) Visakhapatnam and (ii) Yerpedu-Srikalahasti.
1. All India Football Federation Awards
- India and Bengaluru FC Captain Sunil Chhetri as the AIFF Player of the Year in the Federation’s Executive Committee Meeting.
- The All India Football Federation, also simply known as the AIFF, is the governing body of association football in India. President: Praful Patel || FIFA affiliation: 1948 || Founded: 23 June 1937||Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi.
2. Mesut Özil announced his retirement
- Mesut Özil is a German professional footballer who plays for English club Arsenal. Özil plays mostly as an attacking midfielder.
- He further contributed as a part of the 2014 World Cup-winning side in Brazil.
3. German Grand Prix
- Four-time world champion Lewis Hamilton won the German Grand Prix.
- He is now leads Sebastian Vettel by 17 points in the championship standings with 10 races to go.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15