Daily Current Affairs 23 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. K Vijay Kumar appointed advisor to J&K Governor
- Retired IPS officer K Vijay Kumar has been appointed as an Advisor to the Governor of Jammu & Kashmir governor.
- He was Security Advisor to the Union Home Minister. Besides, IAS officer BB Vyas has been appointed the Chief Secretary of the state.
2. HRD nod to inter-university yoga centre in S-VYASA varsity
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has approved setting up an inter-university yoga centre at Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana in Bengaluru.
- The announcement was made by Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar.
3. Haryana CM announces to set up ‘Yog Aayog’ in state
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced to set up a ‘Yog Aayog’ in the state. The ‘Yog Aayog’ will promote yoga in the state.
- Practising yoga leads to physical, mental and spiritual development and is helpful in all round development of one’s personality.
4. SKOCH Group has conferred the ‘Best performing Social Sector Ministry’
- Ministry Of Women & Child Development Received SKOCH Award
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development for the achievements in delivering the promises made and for its significant achievements and initiatives from the last 4 years.
1. Memoir of Priyanka Chopra to be published in 2019
- The memoir named ‘Unfinished’ is a collection of personal essays, stories and observations of the actor, producer, activist and UNICEF goodwill ambassador.
- Bollywood Actor Priyanka Chopra will come out with her memoir in 2019 in which she will write about things which she has never spoken before.
2. M. Scorsese to receive Lifetime Achievement
- Director Martin Scorsese will be conferred with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Rome Film Festival 2018.
- Martin Scorsese is an American director, producer, screenwriter, actor and film historian.
3. Guinness world record was created by conducting the largest yoga session
- Guinness world record was created by conducting the largest yoga session on International Yoga Day at Kota, Rajasthan where 1 lakh people together performed yogic exercises.
- Yoga guru Ramdev conducted the yoga session attended by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, ministers, officers and local people at RAC ground.
4. Russia to Supply Technical Security Equipment to India
- Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation (Rosatom) had announced that its subsidiary Nikiret has signed an agreement with Indian engineering services firmCore Energy Systems Pvt Ltd for the promotion of its technical security equipment in India.
- Rosatom State Nuclear Energy Corporation is a Russian state corporation headquartered in Moscow that specializes in nuclear energy. Established in 2007.
1. HDFC Bank featured in Brandz ranking
- HDFC Bank has featured at 60th rank in the Brandz Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking.
- The brand value of HDFC Bank at $20.9 billion, up 22%.
2. Arijit Basu Appointed SBI’s New Managing Director
- The government appointed Arjit Basu as Managing Director of the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI).
- He will fill the position that fell vacant following the elevation of Rajnish Kumar as the chairman.
3. Microsoft acquires AI start up Bonsai
- Microsoft announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Bonsai, an artificial intelligence (AI) start up to boost its AI and machine learning capabilities.
- Bonsai was founded in 2014 based in Berkeley, California
4. Air India unveils revamped premium class
- Air India unveiled the revamped first class and business class in its fleet of Boeing aircraft flying to international destinations to woo high-end travellers and increase the occupancy from 60% to over 80%.
- The revamped premium class has been christened as “MaharajahDirect” and the airline is expecting to boost its revenue to Rs 6.5 crore per day from the existing Rs 4 crore it nets from these premium classes.
1. Hockey Champions Trophy
- India dominate Pakistan in a 4-0 win over the arch-rivals in Champions Trophy 2018.
- Mandeep Singh scored two goals for India while Dilpreet Singh and Lalit Upadhayay scored a goal each for India.
2. India thrash Pakistan 36-20 at Kabaddi Masters Dubai
- India defeated Pakistan 36-20 in their first match of the inaugural six-nation Kabaddi Masters at the Al-Wasl Sports Complex in Dubai
- Pakistan was all-out twice during the match, with Indian captain Ajay Thakur scoring the most raid points. India is scheduled to play Kenya next this weekend
3. Neymar Brazil’s 3rd all-time Top Scorer
- Neymar scored in the 97th minute in Brazil’s 2-0 victory against Costa Rica at 2018 FIFA World to become his nation’s outright third highest goal scorer.
- Neymar has now scored 56 goals for Brazil and is only behind Ronaldo (62) and Pelé (77).
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15