Daily Current Affairs 23 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Tanjavur R. Ramamoorthy passes away
- Tanjavur R. Ramamoorthy is a vidwan in Indian classical music, playing Carnatic music on the mridangam, an ancient Indian percussion instrument.
- The mridangam is the primary rhythmic accompaniment in a Carnatic music ensemble, and in the Dhrupad genre, where it is known as a pakhawaj.
2. National Anti-Profiteering Authority
- GST Council has decided to extend the tenure of the National Anti-Profiteering Authority by two years.
- The National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) has been constituted under Section 171 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 to ensure that the reduction in rate of tax or the benefit of input tax credit is passed on to the recipient by way of commensurate reduction in prices.
3. Operation Bandar
- The Balakot Air strike by the Indian Air Force was code-named ‘Operation Bandar’.
- The 2019 Balakot airstrike was conducted by India in the early morning hours of February 26 when Indian warplanes crossed the de facto border in the disputed region of Kashmir, and dropped bombs in the vicinity of the town of Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan.
4. Book ‘My Life, My Mission’
- Baba Ramdev has released his autobiography titled ‘My Life, My Mission’.
- Baba Ramdev is an Indian yoga guru known for his work in ayurveda, business, politics and agriculture. He co-founded the Patanjali Ayurved Ltd. with his colleague Acharya Balkrishna and has shown interest in political issues.
1. World Public Service Day
- The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated on June 23 of every year. The prestigious UN Public Service Awards are given away on this day.
- The prestigious UN Public Service Awards are given away on this day.
- The UN Public Service Day was designated by the United Nations General Assembly in 2003.
2. International Widows Day
- International Widows Day is observed on June 23.
- International Widows Day is a United Nations ratified day of action to address the “poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries”.
3. 2019 G20 Osaka summit
- The 2019 G20 Osaka summit will be the fourteenth meeting of Group of Twenty (G20). It will be held on 28–29 June 2019 at the International Exhibition Center in Osaka, Japan.
- It will be the first G20 summit to be hosted in Japan.
- PM Modi will attend the 14th G20 summit.
- Theme :- ‘Human-centred future society’.
- India will host the G20 summit in 2022 for the first time.
1. World’s Most Powerful Person 2019 by British Herald magazine
- PM Narendra Modi was voted by ‘The World’s Most Powerful Person 2019’ with 30.9% of total votes in a reader’s poll.
- The Poll was conducted by UK-based British Herald magazine.
- British Herald is owned by Herald Media Network Limited, United Kingdom. Herald Media Network Limited is one of the leaders in the global media market.
2. Bitcoin breached $10000
- Cryptocurrency Bitcoin has breached $10000 for the first time in 15 months.
- Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, a form of electronic cash. It is a decentralized digital currency without a central bank or single administrator that can be sent from user to user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network without the need for intermediaries.
- Bitcoin reached an all-time high of around $20000 in December 2017
- Ledger start: 3 January 2009 || Founder: Satoshi Nakamoto
3. Director of Nehru Centre London
- Indian Author Amish Tripathi has been appointed the Director of Nehru Centre London.
- The Nehru Centre, London is a cultural centre located at the South Audley Street, London. Its goal is to promote cultural exchange between India and the United Kingdom. The Nehru Centre was founded in 1992.
- It comes under the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
- Amish Tripathi is an Indian author, known for his novels The Immortals of Meluha, The Secret of the Nagas, The Oath of the Vayuputras, Scion of Ikshvaku and Sita: Warrior of Mithila.
4. Council of International Civil Aviation Organisation
- Shefali Juneja was appointed as Representative of India in council of International Civil Aviation Organisation.
- The International Civil Aviation Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It codifies the principles and techniques of international air navigation and fosters the planning and development of international air transport to ensure safe and orderly growth.
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada || Head: Fang Liu || Founder: Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation || Founded: 1944 || Formation: 4 April 1947
1. International Olympic Day
- International Olympic Day is observed on 23 June.
- Olympic Day Run is an international Olympic Movement activity promoting mass participation of sports held in June organized by National Olympic Committees.
2. 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Commonwealth Games Federation has nominated Women’s Cricket inclusion in Commonwealth Games 2022.
- XXII Commonwealth Games and commonly known as Birmingham 2022, is an international multi-sport event for members of the Commonwealth that is scheduled to be held in Birmingham, England. This is due to be the third time England has hosted the Games.
- Motto: Heart of the UK, Soul of the Commonwealth
3. FIH Women’s Series Finals Hiroshima 2019
- India has won Women’s FIH Series Finals Hockey Tournament defeating hosts Japan.
- The Women’s FIH Series Finals Hockey Tournament was held in Hiroshima, Japan.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,23 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30