Daily Current Affairs 23 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Shiksha Vani App
- CBSE has launched a new podcast App ‘Shiksha Vani’.
- It will disseminate crucial information to students and parents in a timely manner.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education is a national level board of education in India for public and private schools, controlled and managed by Union Government of India. CBSE has asked all schools affiliated to follow only NCERT curriculum.
2. India’s Chief of Naval Staff
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed as India’s Chief of Naval Staff.
- He will replace the current Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Sunil Lamba.
- The Chief of the Naval Staff is the commander and the highest-ranking officer in the Indian Navy. The position is abbreviated CNS in Indian Navy cables and communication, and usually held by a four-star officer in the rank of Admiral.
3. 107th foundation day of Bihar
- The 107th foundation day of Bihar was celebrated on 22nd March.
- Bihar : Capital : Patna || Formed on : 22nd March 1912
- Statehood : 26th January 1950 || Total Districts : 38 || Governor : Lal Ji Tandon || Chief Minsiter : Nitish Kumar || Official Language : Hindi
4. Power Finance Corporation with Rural Electrification Corporation
- Power Finance Corporation will acquire 52.63% stake in Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) which entirely belongs to Government of India.
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd. is an Indian financial institution. Established in 1986, it is the financial back bone of Indian Power Sector. PFC’s Net worth as on 30th September 2018 is INR 38,274 Crore.
- Rural Electrification Corporation is a public Infrastructure Finance Company in India’s power sector. The company is a Public Sector Undertaking and finances and promotes rural electrification projects across India.
1. First Exascale Supercomputer
- United States’ first Exascale supercomputer will be functional by 2021.
- It will be capable of carrying minimum one ‘exaFLOPS’ or a billion-billion calculations per second.
2. Exercise Ind-Indo Corpat
- The 33rd edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol ‘Ind-Indo Corpat’ Exercise has started at Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Indonesia Capital: Jakarta || Currency: Rupiah
3. Chuddies in Oxford English Dictionary
- Indian word for Underpants–Chuddies is the latest entrant to the Oxford English Dictionary.
- The Oxford English Dictionary is the principal historical dictionary of the English language, published by Oxford University Press.
- Originally published: 1 February 1884 || Publisher: Oxford University Press || Original language: English || Editor: James Murray || Country: United Kingdom || Genres: Dictionary, Reference work
4. International Air Transport Association
- Indian Airlines SpiceJet has joined the International Air Transport Association.
- The International Air Transport Association is a trade association of the world’s airlines. Consisting of 290 airlines, primarily major carriers, representing 117 countries, the IATA’s member airlines account for carrying approximately 82% of total available seat miles air traffic.
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada || Abbreviation: IATA || Membership: 278 airlines (2017) || CEO: Alexandre de Juniac (1 Sep 2016–) || Founded: 19 April 1945, Havana, Cuba
1. SBI with Bank of China
- SBI has signed an MoU with Bank of China to enhance business synergies between both the banks and to access banking products and services of each other.
- Bank of China is one of the four biggest state-owned commercial banks in China. Bank of China is legally separate from its subsidiary Bank of China, although they maintain close relations in management and administration and co-operate in several areas including reselling BOC’s insurance and securities services.
2. PhonePe’s Brand Ambassador
- Aamir Khan has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of PhonePe.
- PhonePe is a financial technology company headquartered in Bangalore, India. It was founded in December 2015. It provides an online payment system based on Unified Payments Interface, which is a new process in electronic funds transfer launched by National Payments Corporation of India.
- Parent organization: Flipkart || Founded: 2015 || CEO: Sameer Nigam || Founders: Sameer Nigam, Rahul Chari, Burzin Engineer || Subsidiary: Solvy Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
3. Fitch’s India’s GDP Forecast
- Fitch Ratings has cut its India’s Economic Growth Forecast to 6.8% from 7.0% for 2019-20.
- Fitch Ratings Inc. is one of the “Big Three credit rating agencies”, the other two being Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s. It is one of the three nationally recognized statistical rating organizations designated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 1975. Fitch Ratings is headquartered in New York, US.
4. Fortis Healthcare’s New CEO
- Fortis Healthcare has appointed Ashutosh Raghuvanshi as the new MD and CEO.
- Fortis Healthcare Limited is a chain of hospitals, headquartered in Gurugram India. Malaysia’s IHH Healthcare has become the controlling shareholder of Fortis Healthcare Ltd by acquiring a 31.1% stake in the company.
1. T10 Cricket League
- Abu Dhabi Cricket with Abu Dhabi Sports Council and Department of Culture and Tourism–Abu Dhabi has signed a five-year agreement to organise the T10 Cricket League.
- T10 League is a sports entertainment ten-over cricket league launched and owned by T10 Sports Management. The league is approved by the Emirates Cricket Board. It is the first ever internationally approved ten-over league. Matches are 10-over-a-side and the duration of a match is 90 minutes.
2. SAFF Women’s Championship
- India has clinched SAFF Women’s Championship for the 5th time. SAFF Women’s Championship is also called the South Asian Football Federation Women’s Cup
- India defeated hosts Nepal 3-1 in the final at Biratnagar, Nepal.
3. Hockey India Coaching Education Pathway
- The Sport’s Governing Body in India has launched the Hockey India Coaching Education Pathway.
- The programme aims to provide certification to those candidates who are already coaches or wish to pursue coaching as a career.
- The India national field hockey team was the first non-European team to be a part of the International Hockey Federation. In 1928, the team won its first Olympic gold medal and until 1960, the Indian men’s team remained unbeaten in the Olympics, winning six gold medals in a row.
- Captain: Manpreet Singh || Current: 5 (22 January 2019) || Highest: 5 (2004, June 2016, July 2018 – present) || Manager: Arjun Halappa || FIH ranking: 5 (16 December 2018)
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,23 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31